Is the Bible complete or has it been tampered with in the past?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
How can we be SURE that the Bible are the words of God?

The Koran makes different, though similar claims? Curious isn't it?
Best Answer
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Could it be otherwise?

No doubt there are "translations" that have been tampered with, the New World Translation of the Jehovah's Witnesses immediately comes to mind, but it is a matter of record and examination to find these out for God has preserved His word, we have accurate translations that any who should seek Him might find Him, just as He promises :

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you, saith the LORD.

The Bible is the only writing that enables communion with God and thereby authenticates itself.

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

God witnesses to the truth. That is what countless have found including the record of many godly people who have gone before us preferring to lose their lives rather than deny the truth, and also those today who are murdered for their holding to the truth, but whose testimony many seek to ignore or dismiss.

If you knew God you would know that it is His word and the converse is obvious, that those who deny the Bible do not know God.

It should hardly need pointing out that those who do not know God are not in the best position to know His word, but sadly it needs to be brought to attention.

Many commit the most ridiculous and foolish error of saying that because they do not know God they must know better, for that is the logical consequence of denying the Bible.

If they had sufficient humility they would have to confess that they did not know, whereas those to whom it has been revealed can only confess that they do know, with greater humility, by His immense grace.

Of course there are some who will claim to know God but their lives bear an opposite testimony and do not match the Bible's teaching nor show the work of God.

God is not mocked and in His wisdom He has so ordered things that the state of every one's heart is shown, most particularly by their response to His word, The Bible.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

It remains for you to seek the light, may it earnestly be, rather than be proved a lover of darkness.
  • Comment

Other Answers (32)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • John Holmes answered 5 years ago
    the bible is far closer to what was originally written than any "ancient" document we have today to include anything by Shakespeare

transcriptions were VERY carefully done and the quality control involved in copying would put many companies today to shame
    • Comment
  • equivocad@ answered 5 years ago
    The Bible is definetly the true word of God and it has not been tampered with.

It has just gone through some very tough weather. Back then, people would find scrolls of the Bible that the priests would have used and what I mean by tough weather is that scrolls from the Bible have been through bad weather like rain storms, sand storms, hurricanes, and basically just very,very bad weather.

The Bible has been translated into many different languages and it is the most known-of book in the world.

You can even go to places where things in the Bible have happend.( If you want to do this I recomend going to Israel.)

The Bible is very, very old and it has been around for centuries!

Source(s):

Bible class at school.
    • Comment
  • Brad H answered 5 years ago
    Do you really think that God would allow his Word to be incomplete or the meaning changed so that it wouldn't be true?

You must not know anything about the Quran. It's a bunch of garbage.
    • Comment
  • ;) answered 5 years ago
    Christians believe the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God - Holy Spirit breathed and all true -- however it's open to interpretation. As a Christian this is my personal belief.
    Hebrews 4:12 NIV ''The word of God is LIVING and ACTIVE - sharper than any double-edge sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Reading the Holy Bible changes peoples lives - just ask anyone who knows Christ.

The only people who will say it's been tampered with are non-believers - of-course those who don't know Jesus personally won't have an understanding of the word of God - they have no idea how true it actually is.

It's also complete - from the beginning of creation to the fulfillment of Christ coming back to reign in all His glory.

blessings : )
    • Comment
  • jareyn2002 answered 5 years ago
    The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel is the one true Most High God, and the creator of the heavens and earth.

His word is truth, and it can be found in the books of Moses, and the prophets, as well as in the words of Yahshua. What these men actually said never conflicts with the others. Yahshua's words would be the same as those found in red in a red-letter edition Bible.

The truth will always be consistent with itself with no contradictions. It is therefore assumed, that in the rare cases when contradiction is found, it is due to man's influence over the centuries. These contradictions are almost never more than one passage standing against numerous others, and the favor always goes with the majority.

• Comment
  • gourry_gabrief answered 5 years ago
    it has not been tampered, it has been "corrected by faithful God's servants following God's will" for thousands years.
    • Comment
  • Fallacies answered 5 years ago
    I think it's been messed with.
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    The Holy Bible is the truth and the truth will set you free. I wouldn't want to say anything against it. God has blessed it. He is the creator of all things. God Be With you
    • Comment
  • dewcoons answered 5 years ago
    Currently, there are in existence over 7,000 ancient copies of the New Testament in its original language. Add to that nearly 10,000 copies of both the Old Latin and Vulgate translations of the scriptures, and 8,000 Ethiopian, Slavic and Armenian languages manuscripts. Together, you have over 24,000 ancient manuscripts, thousands of which predate the Nicean Council that alleged altered the New Testament. Of those thousands of manuscripts, the agreement among them is about 99.7%.

Add to that over 2,400 lexicographies, which are books of rituals and liturgies, commentaries, inscriptions, etc, which quote the New Testament books, from before the time of the Nicean Council. From those it is possible to recreate all but 11 verses of the New Testament.

With that amount of manuscript evidence, it is clear that the text of the New Testament is not been tampered with over the 2000 years since it was written.
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Nima K answered 5 years ago
    The Bible is the word of God because we have faith that it is. And the new testament is other people writing God and Jesus' word. it all depends on faith.
    • Comment
  • Ozalaa answered 5 years ago
    well, it took the blokes some 33 years after the death of Jesus to write his story. the "Bible", it has been morphed since then.
    • Comment
  • sarreh7 answered 5 years ago
    alot of gospels arent in the bible, and translations have been wrong
    • Comment
  • RFM answered 5 years ago
    You can't be SURE. That's the whole thing: it takes a Leap of Faith.

The Bible is a compilation of human authors, inspired by God. How can you be SURE? You can't. LoF.

The very best scenario is you believe and go to Heaven. The second best scenario is when you die... nothing, lights out, oblivion. The third scenario is not believing and you end up burning forever in Hell, screaming and tortured beyond any earthly imaginings without end. I'll take the minimal chance I could be wrong and believe!

You can be sure that the King James translation is the most pure translation we have from Hebrew. The link below compares the KJV to more recent abominations.

Source(s):

• Comment
  • Shadow Wolf Dragon answered 5 years ago
    I agree. In fact , I don't know if you seen that one movie that mel gibson made that a lot of people got angry at just because it had bloody details and some other stuff that some parents doesn't of their kids watching.
    • Comment
  • Hugh G answered 5 years ago
    There may be some fact, but the rest is spin. Correct question is "How many times?"

Source(s):

Nights of study and self-denial.
    • Comment
  • NERDGASM answered 5 years ago
    Bible wasn't written by God it was written by Man. Which means that it has the possibility of being fallible.
    • Comment
  • floppity answered 5 years ago
    It must have been tampered with. We don't have a clue what was in the original hebrew or greek versions, and if you read a bible from the 19th century it says completely different things to one from now, not just in the way they put it, but the actual point they are saying. And two different bible publications today still say different things. Also, the Apocrypha used to be in between the old and new testaments, but now where's it gone? I do often wonder...
    • Comment
  • witness of jesus answered 5 years ago
    i usually trust the bible to be inspired by men to write as much. but i dont think even the epistles of Paul were intended to be canonized. by himself or any other.
    they were canonized to make a book that had instruction in righteousness and because they agreed on those books.

there were books not included. and there are apocypha that was hidden that show insight to what the bible did not have after it was compiled.

the were other gospels and books (manuscripts) that were more highly favored than even teh book of revelation. the book of revelation was not written last of all but it was placed last of all. so the books in the new testament are not all complete.

the allegation that books were altered has some validity too. i can find a few words missing here and there that prove it. that if the words were still included in the canon many christians would think differently on the supposed interpretation.

as far as all the words written and compiled some people have accepted only the red letter editions to show what are the words of Jesus. most of them are only in the four gospels.
    in another gospel which is not in the new testament there are words alleged to have been said by jesus, but they dont make sense. the one i remember was woman have to become man to be saved. or something like that. it does not makes in our day. Jesus kissed mary on the (***) lips is another saying that is written but some people claim it doesnt say that at all. some say it does. Was jesus Married.? if he was married, the catholics seemed to have made the tradition that He was never married otherwise people wouldnt join their church and become priests and take vows of celibacy. (btw i believe jesus was married) shhh, its a secret.

:) lol
    • Comment
  • sluggy answered 5 years ago
    The bible has never existed in a definitive form. It is a collection of stories which were collected over centuries. Over the years parts have been added and other parts removed. There is nothing in it which has not been edited and translated many times.
    • Comment
  • grantcsmith answered 5 years ago
    you know it is the word of got because you can truly beilive that you are feeling something that you read that hast to be true. but there are lies in the bible it is not perfect. it has been translated through so many langueges that probably a third of the book has been translated to something its not. also when we interperet things from other langeges then it is always different... so how could people be 100% sure that what they are translating is perfect gramer? thay cant because we still dont know every aspect of the herbrew, old arabic, egypion and all the original langueges it was written in. but for the most part it is true at least that is what i beilieve
    • Comment
  • saanz answered 5 years ago
    It has been tampered with
    • Comment
  • I Has Hat ◕‿◕ answered 5 years ago
    Yep, it's been tampered with a lot. Unfortunately some people still fall for those mistakes.
    • Comment
  • tanika971 answered 5 years ago
    the bible is a book written by different people, the Koran same.
    • Comment
  • Habib answered 5 years ago
    Not, the Gospel is not complete...
    Gospel is tempered, you see, One and the same version says one thing today which was never to be found just fifty years back in the same Version.

Torah is but Gospel is not for Jesus never put an effort to get it written down. The earliest Gospel was never written until 70-years of Jesus taking up into the Heavens.

Well Koran either mention Torah or mentions Gospel, it does not says any where 'bible'.

As for Gospel, it says, God gave them some of it to keep.

Not to mention the Dead Sea Scrolls, they don't go with the current versions in vogue.

Now you judge it yourself.

Source(s):

a Maverick
    • Comment
  • Shakeela answered 5 years ago
    There are 116 versions of the bible (including the new gay bible)... one version of the koran... what do you think?
    • Comment
  • Mr. P answered 5 years ago
    Yes it has - and has been used as a political tool of those in power.

Emperor Constantine was the biggest editor in history.

Various different accounts caused disputes between fractions insisting that each one was the "correct" version.
    What he did - was placed all scrolls under a table in his palace - and locked the door. He declared whatever was placed "By God" on the table the next day - was the real and true version.
    Next day - Lo! a miracle - the standard bible was created - and all the others were taken out and BURNED!
    - No more problems.
    It just so happened, that all accounts that were kept - were in favour of Rome - and serving the state, which worked out nicely for Constantine.

If you get the chance - rent or buy "The name of the rose" with Sean Connery and Christian Slater. A good film about censorship within the monastaries.
    • Comment
  • Jill_01 answered 5 years ago
    The Bible has been added to and taken away from too many times to count.
    With each translation so much is lost..and so much is added.
    It's been changed to suit the person in power at that time.
    What is even more is there is no complete Bible for the public. When it was put together, old day critics decided what would and would not be allowed to be seen by everyone. Makes ya wonder what everyone doesn't know.

As far as being the word of God...it's not. It was created by MEN and MEN are not infallible. There were mistakes.
    • Comment
  • Jake! answered 5 years ago
    The bible was told by mouth for a long time before it was written down, and as stories are told over and over, they are exaggerated.
    • Comment
  • Woop! Woop! Woop! answered 5 years ago
    istanbul was once the capital city of turkey
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block