Lea asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

okay, what is the deal with the supreme court and Obama being born in Kenya?

I heard this as a rumor throughout the entire campaign. Why is it going to supreme court now? Did I miss something?

Hawaii cannot produce his birth certificate and he was allowed to run for president....????

I did not hear this from any talk radio...my husband is dutch and he was reading his national newspaper online. They get their news from CNN from the most part....a VERY liberal nation. I cannot believe this is on the news in other countries....so embarassing.

The Certificate of Live Birth documents posted on Mr. Obama's website www.fightthesmears.com, Daily Kos (a pro-Obama blog) and factcheck.org, (a pro-Obama political research group), were found to be altered and forged. Obama's official web site, Fight The Smears, admitted he was a British Citizen at birth. Hawaii said they had a birth certificate. However, at that time, anyone from another country could register a child in Hawaii. They would then issue a Certificate of Live Birth. It is not a vaulted birth certificate.

"The Constitution matters" and is still worth defending. All we are asking is that Congress takes their oath to defend it seriously. If Obama can prove he meets the basic and essential constitutional requirements, fine, he'll serve legally. But if he cannot provide simple proof, then he cannot." Because he said he was a British Citizen at birth, this would mean he is ineligible to be president. That is what Leo is filing, stating that Obama does not meet the requirements of the Constitution.

Leo Donofrio's case is now on the docket for Justice Clarence Thomas, US Supreme Ct. on Dec. 5 Philip Bergs is also on the docket for Dec. 1.

Alan Keyes, Candidate for President, 2008, He is a Black man who also ran against Obama in Illinois. He filed a suit in California. The "California Secretary of State should refuse to allow the state's 55 Electoral College votes to be cast in the 2008 presidential election until President-elect Barack Obama verifies his eligibility to hold the office, alleges a California court petition filed on behalf of former presidential candidate."

'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location

Alan Keyes lawsuit warns America may see 'usurper' in Oval Office

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pa...

The Constitution is Most Important Now. If Obama knew he was ineligible to serve as president, then it certainly explains why he hired 8 lawyers to represent him rather than just show a judge his birth certificate. He thinks he is above the law, and said the constitution should be changed, well, now we know why and what he wanted changed. He supposedly taught Constitutional Law too...so there is no doubt that he knows he is not eligible. I don't know if this is treason, but he has been given national security secrets!

Do read what happens if a non qualified person is sworn into the presidency.

OBAMA MUST STAND UP NOW OR STEP DOWN

By Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr., Ph.D., J.D.

Here is a definitive explanation of the legal issues involved when

a person who is not a natural born citizen - a poseur, a usurper, a fraud - stands for the office of President of the U.S..

Edwin Vieira, Jr., holds four degrees from Harvard: A.B. (Harvard College), A.M. and Ph.D. (Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences), and J.D. (Harvard Law School).

http://www.newswithviews.com/Vieira/edwin84.htm

I can't believe that he doesn't know, and that is why he is hurrying so to get his cabinet in order, to make a logo as president elect...and he isn't really president elect until the Electoral College meets on Dec. 15. The man has no ethics. These lawsuits were presented prior to the election, except for Keyes. There are 17 that I know of, and 3 petitions requesting Obama to prove his eligibility.

Obamas Grandmother told the press that she was there during the birth in Kenya. Hawaii's Birth Certificate does not have the footprints on it so it cannot be authenticated.

The website?

www.obamacrimes.com

• Panda

Obama refuses to show anyone his birth certificate. Some say he was born in Hawaii, others say he was born in Kenya. In order to become the president, you have certain guidelines you have to follow.

I can only speculate that Obama does not want to show his birth certificate because either he feels he doesn't need to, or there is something on it, some piece of information that would either shame him, or disqualify him. Either one, one has to wonder.

I really don't get it either. If people across the country wonder about this, why not just show it and get this whole issue behind him. Dec 4 will come and go, this will never change who will be sworn into office.

• Johnny

The former deputy Pennsylvania attorney general who challenged Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama's qualifications to be president has appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

This is real and could be a big thing. I don't get how he made it this far without having his birth certificate (which he truly doesn't have). If he was really born a US citizen and has a real birth certificate, I just don't get what's taking him so long to get it.

I think I read somewhere that he has to get it by December 1st to be President. I'll look for the court order and post it if I find it.

Okay one side of the argument claims Obama was born in Kenya and wants to prove it. If he was born in Kenya then he is not eligible to serve as the president of the US even if he is a US citizen.

If Obama was born in Hawaii, then he is a citizen born on US soil and he is eligible to serve as president.

It's amazing that Obama was born in Kenya, since his mother never visited the country. How did he do that?

Even if he had been born in Kenya to an American mother, he still would fit under the very loosely-defined "natural born citizen" defnition.

But it's irrelevant, since his birth certificate was verified, and there is even a birth announcement from the local newspaper when he was born.

Source(s): If you read it in a Dutch newspaper, they didn't get it from CNN. CNN has too much integrity to spread lies like these.

The deal is that this has been thrown out of three courts already.

Hawaii's Dept of Health has confirmed the birth certificate he provided is accurate.

There is no case to answer and this will be dismissed by the Supreme Court too.

http://www.kitv.com/politics/17860890/detail.html?...

If Obama was born in Kenya, he would not be president right now.

The Supreme Court is not involved. If they even got a case that made the claim, they would probably laugh at whoever brought it.

Obama was born in Hawaii.

It's completely bogus.

Hawaii did produce his birth certificate, which Obama released to the public months ago.

Then the whackos started claiming it was fake, etc. It will never end, even after they lose in court.

Here's the full story:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertific...

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_th...