Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Girl playing high school football...?

what do you think about a girl playing high school football?

oh and what if this girl could keep up iif not beat the guys.. like for example... weight: 115 but could bench press 125 and squat 135... oh and im not thinking about it i just wanna know what you think because were having this contraversy (spelling :]) at my school.

• Becky
    Favorite Answer

Girls should have the right to try but they will meet tough resistance. I played up through the 9th grade and did well at that level. In high school girls have pretty much quit growing and guys have really just started. I played in Oklahoma and was boo'ed by a lot of people on both sides of the field and sometimes they boo'ed even louder when I did something good. And if you play and are any good there will be someone who will have to try and prove a girl can't hang. My ACL got tore by a very late hit in the enzone after I ran a punt back for a touchdown.

So, girls be warned if you do play, and it should be your right, watch out for idiots.

Wow great question. To start in high school I played on the same freshman team as the first girl ever to play football in my school. She wasn't treated differently then any other player, and once she had a helmut and pads on it was nearly impossible to tell her sex. The opposite however, brings up a very interesting legal question. Naturally people want to say no, since guys are more athletic than girls giving them an unfair advantage. However, i'm not sure legally, the school can stop males from participating without have a male volleyball team.

Personally I would not let my Daughter play, I would not want her to get hurt by a much larger Boy! Boys your same age will weigh an average of 160 to 210 lbs, Bench 180-230 and squat upwards of 250 to 350 on average. Please think about your physical well being! I know it sounds sexist but it is also reality we are not equal in all things males and females are different in many ways and that is a good thing!

Source(s): imo

Liddie L's think is a virus fyi

and i mean if they wanna play she why not don't boys play girl sports to.

I don't see why not.

Oh come on, there are sports and leagues for girls, not football.

it is not a good idea girl playing highschool football on a team.

If you want to do it ,do it.Girls should have the right to do whatever they want.My friend (who was a girl) played football and she kicked the boys butt.LikeCubsFan4... said boys play girl sports.So go for it!YES,YES,YES,YES!

nope

No, its dangerous