Jehovah's Witnesses: how does Jehovah "channel" information thru the Faithful and Discrete Slave?

From the Watchtower, 10/1/94, pg 8

"Even as Bible prophecy pointed forward to the Messiah, it also directs us to the close-knit body of anointed Christian Witnesses that now serve as the faithful and discreet slave. It helps us to understand the Word of God. All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the “greatly diversified wisdom of God” can become known only through Jehovah’s channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave.—John 6:68."

How does this actually work? Does he make ideas pop into their heads? That would be inspiration. When they get up in the morning, has he left them an article he wants published on their dresser? Does he email them?

This is a legit question because how can an organization be anyone’s "channel of communication" without some sort of...well.....communication?

They claim to be "spirit guided", how does that work? Does God's spirit wisper in their ear or do they have visions?

I am not mocking you, this is a legit question. How does Jehovah do it?

Mommy, great link! It's a hoot!

A.A. Thanks for your insightful answer "Try reading the Bible sometime and you will have your answer."

I have read the Bible at least 50 times. I am 57 and was raised a Jehovah's Witness. Do you remember when the Watchtower Society reccomended that you read the Bible for 15 minutes a day and you could read it through in a year?

Well, my father, Elder Hitler decided that if 15 minutes was good, 30 was better, so as a youth, for years I read the Bible twice year. Until age 52, (I am 57), with a brief interuption in my teen years, I read the Bible at least once a year. I have doem differant projects, like reading the NWT along side the King James or the Catholic Douay, comparing verse by verse, making notes and researching. I actually enjoy history, philosophy, and until age 52, religion.

The rest is not relevant. My point is I have read the Bible, in greater depth than most people you know and I don't remeber it sayinf that God's Channel of Information were Jehovah's Witnesses.

Probably goes alittle something like this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Sdh239AII

Youtube thumbnail

Sorry couldn't help it, great question, ROFL!

• Debs

I watched the You Tube from Mommyof2 answer. From watching that my conclusion is the reason of all the flip flops its because the men that are in the GB keeps changing. The dates and the pictures of the men are all different. The leadership changes and so the teachings keep changing. (Different strokes for different folks). The more time I spend on Y!A, the more sorrow I have for the members of the congregations. Everybody needs to believe in something and hold on to hope for something as in faith; although it is not seen you BELIEVE that it is so. Faith.

" They claim to be "spirit guided", how does that work? Does God's spirit whisper in their ear or do they have visions?" Its none of those that you mention. God speaks through us the same way he spoke through the apostles that wrote the Holy Bible. It is our *thoughts*. The moment you have a thought that comes to your mind that you was contemplating on and on and on; then one day out of nowhere, the answer came to your mind *crystal clear* and then you have come to know the TRUTH. You will know it is the truth because of the feeling of a awakening that enters your whole being and it makes you feel GOOD and there is a joy within you that you can't explain. When such thoughts or ideas come to your mind you know it is NOT from you because you have never thought it before. It came from the Supreme God. When God does come and enlighten you always remember to show gratitude. Always 24/7 be open to God because you don't when He will come. YOU will also know it is from God because a TRUTH cannot change. It will always be what God said it is because *God does not lie*. I myself love my Superior God with all my heart, all my body, and all my mind. If sometimes I do come on too strong of a answer that is my love for God that I do not tolerate anyone speaking lies of the Supreme God. The Universe and the earth in all its glory belongs and is God's. Jesus should be the love of EVERYONE'S LIFE. Life is so important to God and I just hope someday all of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses will know that and end this religious laws that deny anyone to live their life to the fullest. I hope that the Superior God will show this way of life to the Governing Body of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Hope and faith that I know someday God will make it so. My hope and faith to YOU Jehovah's Witnesses because God loves and I love. Good-bye for now, I gotta move on.

It IS a legit question!

It goes to show that JWs are solely going on what they are TOLD by the organization. There is no where in the bible stating that the Watchtower Society in Brooklyn, NY is God's channel of communication. They are so conditioned to believe that it is. They believe that God would work thru these men as if they were being inspired like the origional bible writers....that's why the society is always comparing themselves and JWs to faithful men in bible times....

Try reading the Bible sometime and you will have your answer.