Discharge, odor! doctor cant figure it out!!?

I have been having some vaginal problems recently and have had no luck with my gyno. Fist, he suspected chlamydia or gonnorhea and so I was put on antibiotics. After finishing the dose, the test results came back negative for both. I was still having the same symptoms (burning, itching, discharge & odor) so my doc... show more I have been having some vaginal problems recently and have had no luck with my gyno. Fist, he suspected chlamydia or gonnorhea and so I was put on antibiotics. After finishing the dose, the test results came back negative for both. I was still having the same symptoms (burning, itching, discharge & odor) so my doc said it must be BV (bacterial vaginosis). This time I was prescribed a cream and took the dose. My symptoms remained. I went back to my doctor AGAIN and he now says it is a yeast infection and has given me a different cream, yet again.

However, I do not feel it is a yeast infection. I do not have that thick, clumpy, white discharge and I DO have an odor, which is not characteristic of a yeast infection. When I mentioned this to my doc following his yeast infection diagnosis, he said there is no odor and he would have noticed if there was. But there is! I swear, there is an abnormal, quite yucky, odor. So what the heck is this?

I was thinking back to a few weeks ago when I had a scare involving a lost tampon. I thought I lost one, but decided the same day that it was all in my head. Now, I'm rethinking that. Maybe the symptoms are from a lost tampon? I can't find one if there is one. Would my gyno have seen it in there when he examined me if it was there? Or is it possible to not be visible?? Lately my only symptom is a discharge with a yucky odor!!

Please, any answers would be greatly appreciated!!