If a cell phone with memory card is dropped into water, can it be revived?

Yep, you guessed it, THAT water... my daughter had this happened today... she pulled it out it's been in the sun for a couple of hours... the memory card appears to be corroded... is there hope for her (nice) little phone? any suggestions if it is... BESIDES keep it out of the TOILET! Thanks...

When it comes to moisture damage, it is usually a case by case basis. There were people who barely got theirs wet and it was done for. Other people were able to dry it out and it worked for a long time before it finally died. You first could try a new battery in it and see if that is causing the problem, otherwise, if the liquid got inside the phone, it probably won't be working again. If you have insurance on it through your carrier, it will more than likely cover this incident. As far as the memory card, you could try drying it out some more and put it in a different phone or pc and see if it can be read.

Um no. Once a phone has been dropped in water theres really nothing you can do but buy another one. My friend has done this twice and both times they couldnt retrieve her information as far as numbers and pictures and stuff cause the memory card was completely destroyes once it got wet. So I would recommend just to get another phone and get insurance on it. Although make sure your insurance covers wet phones cause many of them dont and they dont tell you.

If the phone was off, it will revive. If the phone was on, it short curcuited all over the place. More than the memory card would be effected. The power supply would be shot. It's most likely toast though.

do not try and turn on the phone for at least 2 or 3 days because if you do then the phone will be fried but if you just let it dry for a few days it should still work... people screw up their phones after dropping it in water because they try to turn it on right away and the circuits fry

Take out everything you can (battery, cards, whatever) shake it and try to get as much of the water out as you can, and let it dry for a day. It really could go either way, but mine worked just fine when I did that.

Source(s): I dropped mine in the toilet once (Don't text and pee) And it worked just find after

I had the same problem (kinda) my roomie told me to NOT turn the phone on and to unscrew it and use a blowdryer on the cool setting to dry it off.

By the time I had found this tip out I had already tried to charge my phone (so it was too late) but my roomie said that it worked for her.

• ?

Let the battery air dry. Keep the back cover off of the phone and let any extra water drain out

• tas211

Yes, as long as it is just plain water. All you need to do is make sure it is completely dry before using it or charging it. Open it up and let the air get at it to dry it up. I spilled syrup on mine and my computer doctor just opened it up and ran it under water to rinse it off and then let it dry and it was fine. (He did the same thing to my laptop computer when I spilled syrup in it and it works fine too.)

When it dries out, it may work, but I doubt it will work as well as it once did.

My husband dropped his in a snowbank and then it was never the same.

Btw, they can tell that it got wet and this negates any warranty that you may have had on it.

I suggest waiting to see if it works once it dries out, but chances are you will have to replace it.

it will work. but the screen with stop working. and the phone will die in a couple of days/weeks. and good luck with the warrenty because when they open it up and see the clear glue has turned green. they know you dropped it in water.