Gun ban.............?

I posted this question before about a gun ban but only received 1 good answer. The rest were telling me not to worry or said we don't need guns anyway. I am compiling research on guns, for and against. I will re-ask this question in a different manner and hope to get valid answers this time. I have posted this on... show more I posted this question before about a gun ban but only received 1 good answer. The rest were telling me not to worry or said we don't need guns anyway.
I am compiling research on guns, for and against. I will re-ask this question in a different manner and hope to get valid answers this time. I have posted this on other sites trying to get different perspectives. Thank you for your help. The most insightful answer will receive additional points.
Here it is:
If you were placed into a position of power within the federal government and you wanted to ban guns, how would you:
1) Convince the citizens that a gun ban is necessary?
2) Get around the second amendment or do away with it altogether?
3) Implement the gun ban?
4) Nullify the NRA, one of the largest special interest groups?
5) If you were able to do all of the above how long do think that it would take to disarm america?

Please don't tell me that it would be impossible or it would cause a civil war that is not what I am looking for. I just want to know in your honest opinion how it could be accomplished.
Update: to 1st 2 answers that is not what I am looking for. Did you even read my question?
Update 2: I am not a communist, it is for something that I am writing.