What do you think of this list of the top hip hop albums of all time?

Top 100 hip hop albums of all time:

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_...

This list is a weighted average of everyone who has rated these albums, given a certain number of votes. Just like how the IMDB top movies list works. Personally, I think it's probably the best list I've seen for anyone who wants to know what the best hip hop albums are, not just the most popular ones.

Some good rankings to me:

24. The Pharcyde - Bizzare Ride II The Pharcyde (1992)

49. Deltron 3030 (2000)

59. Cunninlynguists - A Piece of Strange (2006)

63. Binary Star - Masters of the Universe (2000)

93. Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow (2002)

94. Nas - The Lost Tapes (2002) (definitely his second best album)

Thoughts?

Update:

Obviously no one's gonna agree with the order of every ranking, but I do think as a list of classic hip hop albums this is probably the most reliable list, as it includes everything.

Personally, I'd have "One Day It'll All Make Sense", "3rd Eye Vision", "At The Speed of Life" on there. While Fugees' "The Score" is in my top 10 and no where to be seen. But I still think it's the more reliable than any magazine or media ranking.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Interesting Picks

23:Goodie Mob - Soul Food

44:Kaliber 44 - Ksiega Tajemnicza

That's a Comprehensive LIst right there but all up most are Classics fo' sho'

• 3 years ago

i like and function heard 10,9,8,7,5,4 and a few of two. Kollage is definitely certainly one of the right produced albums ever imo. Dilated Peoples as we communicate up classic. Don Cartagena I revisited the different day and yep it is likewise superb. Coast to Coast has certainly one of my all time fave tracks "grab some 40 oz.. and a few Bacardi Breezers" I have been given ripped off on the marketplace Shakedown have been given the album on line basically to confirm that by some potential the single grow to be interior sealed packaging WTF! INI between the main underground in actuality they have a number of tracks in this Pete Rock Underground Classics CD I even have.

• PJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Lost Tapes should've been top 50, All Eyez on Me top 20, The Fix top 30, J Dilla Donuts top 30, krs1 top 30, blueprint (top 20 but #20), chronic top 10,

• 1 decade ago

I just read 1-100.

I don't think "36 Chambers" is the best hip-hop album of all time. As generic as this sounds, I think "Illmatic" is.

Other than that, it's alright.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im not buying that there are 60 albums better than me against the world, or that UGK has an album that holds a candle to one of Outkast' first 3 releases

Source(s): lol @ kelis' album rankin higher than carter 1 & 2, and Doctors Advocate
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

theres alot of misplaces albums in my eyes

• kN0!Ze
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

alot of misplaces for me...

Doggystyle should be top 10.

and whats doom doing in the top 50?

• 1 decade ago

That list is pretty wack all eyez on me should have been in the top 20 or 15

• jordyn
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

thats crazy... i can't agree with this madness.

• 1 decade ago

THIS RANKING SH*T NEEDS TO STOP.... RHH IS DEAD LOL

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.