Me
Lv 7

RIP Michael Crichton - any fans of the Jurassic Park books/movies/music here?

Obviously the music wouldn't have existed without him, so that's why I included it. Jurassic Park is one of my favorite books, movies, and soundtracks ever. I'm seriously upset about this, Michael Crichton was one of my favorite authors.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/jurassic-park-autho...

Dedication songs, perhaps?

Update:

Really, MR? Pretty cool. Nice book, I love stories with twists in them like that.

Update 2:

Oh man, Sphere! One of the first ones I ever read from him! That book was one of the books that actually got me to actually LIKE reading. xD

Update 3:

Prey was good, too. I tend to like his older books though. Yeah on a music-related note, I definitely suggest the soundtrack. ;)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

...I had no idea he'd died... D:

I loved "Sphere." Loved it. But Jurassic Park was epic, too.

I'd like to dedicate a track from Sphere's OST, so--"The Gift"

***Yeah, that book was amazing, wasn't it? I loved the concept... And the movie didn't disappoint either. I still, to this day, am terrified of jellyfish. ...Now I want to read it again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am a big fan of many of the films made from Crichton books. Especially Jurassic Park, The 13th Warrior, and Congo. Hollywood does totally tank His works occasionally (Sphere..Ugh) but on the whole I find Crichton to be about the exact opposite of Steven King filmwise. By that I mean, King writes great books that get made into bad movies often, the reverse is true of Crichton, His writing is too dry and dense but Films made from His books are ususally dynamite.

The one exception would be "The Andromeda Strain" His first. Amazing book and film. (At least the original, the remake blew)

He died? Damn, that sucks.

I'll dedicate "Break On Through" by The Doors to Mr Crichton

• Judean
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Since this is a totally fantasy question, I'd take some totally fantasy guns. Or, in this case, I'd take the US Army's 1st Armored Division, plus air support, since 120mm HE rounds from an M1 Abrams would put a hurting on Mr. T-rex, and those velociraptors would have a hard time getting into an armored tank. Ma Deuce on top would be pretty useful too, as long as you've got plenty of cover in all firing arcs. The .30-cal co-ax gun would work for dealing with little dinos, as well. Then, if you have some M2 Bradleys, you can use their 25mm Bushmaster chain guns to deal with the smaller predators, like the good old velociraptors. HEI-T rounds would put a hurting on fast-movers like that. And man, oh man, would a brachiosaurus steak taste great after a long day of blowing up T-rex. What better way to engage a big herbivore like that than an AH-64D Longbow Apache with their 30mm chain gun, and perhaps a few Hydra 70 rockets and maybe an AGM-114K in the mix?

• 1 decade ago

That really sucks, Michael Crichton is one of my favorite authors as well. I love the Jurassic Park movies, especially the first two, and the books were even better. Some of my other favorites by him are The Andromeda Strain, Airframe,The Terminal Man, Eaters of the Dead, Rising Sun, Prey, etc. He will be missed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Wow, I wasn't a huge fan of his books but found them really enjoyable. I read Prey and Jurassic Park over the summer. He wrote some great science fiction books. I've heard that the soundtrack for that is really good and have been meaning to get it soon.

This will surely be a great loss.

Grace Descending- God is an Astronaut

• Keeler
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

OH NO. :-o

I love Michael Crichton's books. Timeline is one of my favorites. They were such great, entertaining reads.

Andromeda Strain...The Great Train Robbery...heck, I wiped out my library's entire section of Crichton books one summer.

I'll edit when I think of an appropriate song.

• 1 decade ago

Cancer took him from us but his stories will live on...

A talented author and he will be missed...

Dedication songs for him might go the way of some of his movie theme's. Jurassic Park would be a good one....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wow he died.....man Jurassic Park was epic for the time it was released...one of my favorites as a kid :)

• 3 years ago

OMG people he passed away in like 2008

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Aw, that sucks. I'm really picky about authors but I really liked him. Oh jeez, thats really bad.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.