do goldfish live in the sea i am really comfused?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • catx
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

No. Goldfish are freshwater fish, descended from Carp, a fish usually found in rivers and large lakes.

• 4 years ago

Goldfish In The Sea

• 1 decade ago

You don't find goldfish in the wild unless they have been released they a bred from there 'cousins' carp to make them gold. Are you thinking of Finding Nemo he's a Clown Fish note the white stripes this is all i could think of why you would think that. Carp have also been bred to produce Koi carp by the Japanese. Goldfish are a big part of Oriental life. Carp live in lakes and probably rivers so i don't know but you my get some in the sea that can survive (because all rivers flow to the sea) but i doubt it. So goldies are FRESH WATER & COLDWATER. But at koi farms they chuck salt in every year to help clear disese so they can cope with a little salt. Hope this helps!

Source(s): I have four goldies in my pond. Which defintly isn't salt water!
  • Jeff
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Goldfish are originally from carp that lived in Asia. They are freshwater fish...they live in streams and lakes, not in the sea.

This website below has more detailed information on where they come from.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Goldfish live in cold water ponds. lakes and rivers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope - Goldfish populate lakes. That is, karp, and koi populate lakes. The smaller Goldfish live in lakes too, but most of them are bred within breeders, which are bred within tanks that they are sold in pet stores.

• 1 decade ago

goldfish don't live in the see it's bad for them they live in freshwater

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

goldfish dont orginate in eastern europe they originated a long time ago in china

Source(s): research
  • 1 decade ago

No, goldfish are aquatic freshwater organisms. They are usually just kept in freshwater ponds and fishtanks/bowls.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope they are freshwater fish, related to Carp.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.