Lola88
Lola88 asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 1 decade ago

Forecast for snow this week, who thinks it will?

I'm not sure really, as i've always been told it has to be warm before it snows and it's bloody freezing, so i'm in two minds. I'm in the North east of England by the way.

Well it hasn't snowed here yet, it's just been bitterly cold.

Favorite Answer

The chances of snow in the NE of England are far greater when the wind blows in from the North, North West or North East.

Check the weather coc.k on your local church spire if you've got one. If it's indicating a breeze from the W or S, you'll be okay, no snow.

You can check out the weather coming at us at the site below.

This next link gets you world satellite weather images

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/satellite/inde...

This next link gets you UK satellie weather images

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis....

There's something blowing around in the North Sea and it looks like it might be headed your way possibly snow bearing crap from the Scandiwegian countries by the look of it.

Stay warm. The trick is to wear thin multi layers. Two or three t-shirts, a sweat shirt, a thick work shirt and a heavy sweater over that and on top an anarak with hood and warmlined hat. Mittens are more efficient than gloves, get some and wear two on each fist.

If you must go out in driving snow, wear a pair of goggles. You can get these from your DIY store, the kind we used to keep the dust out of our eyes when drilling etc.

Make up a thermos of hot soup in the morning and drink it through the day. Also, lots of hot tea/coffee/bovril etc.

Other cheap way of keeping warm is to dress up like I've described above and spend the day at the shopping centre if there's one near you. Free warm and lots of chat company etc.

Have a nice one. . .

Dean Martin - Let it Snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJp8UvNGxI0

Youtube thumbnail

There will be no more snow but it will remain fffreezing for the rest of the week turning milder on Sunday

Source(s): My own research

It's possible. I got some here in the mountains today and I am supposed to get more tonight.

As I edited this, it was coming down pretty good and sticking well to the cars, ground, etc.

it has to be between 4 and 0 degrees i think but i think it will snow this week well i hope so luv it wen it snows!!

Kids were sledging today. Its the coldest october day in 11 years they say.

Well, it snowed today near me. I think it will again.

• i never trust the forecasters on the news! i swear to god one time they predicted sunny weather all day long with no clouds and we get a tornado! wtf?! i doubt u will have snow but it is england so i dont know.

Apparently it was blizzard conditions around hertfordshire this evening

Erm... is is snowing already lol :)

The midlands is covered in it apparently.

• Mas

Aberdeen here and theres been flurries all day