What is the best way to clean a moldy dish and make it safe to use again?

I had a plastic microwaveable container (rice cooker) with leftover cous-cous in it that lay forgotten at the back of the fridge. It grew mold, and so I threw out all the cous cous, soaked the container in hot water with antibacterial soap, and scrubbed it the best I could with a washcloth and rinsed it out. I... show more I had a plastic microwaveable container (rice cooker) with leftover cous-cous in it that lay forgotten at the back of the fridge. It grew mold, and so I threw out all the cous cous, soaked the container in hot water with antibacterial soap, and scrubbed it the best I could with a washcloth and rinsed it out.

I wasn't able to scour it, however, or use a dishwasher, so is there a way to guarantee all the mold is gone? For example, filling it up with water and then boiling the water in the microwave?

I'd rather you not suggest buying a scrubber, because I don't want to spend money on it and I don't have a car to get to the store anyway (I'm in college!). So I just need this dish clean enough to cook food in and eat food out of it!