FreakGirl asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

'The Dark' (2005 film). Please could someone give a summary of the plot?

I watched this film (very weird in my opinion!) a couple of years ago and can't remember how it ends. I've been looking for spoilers but can't find many on the internet, so what actually happens once Sarah is replaced with Ebrill?

Thanks in advance, x.

This might not be a lot of help, but, if you click this link, it will take you to a thread on the IMDb forum for "The Dark". They discuss the ending of the film, with various interpretations. I find it very intriguing, how differently it can be interpreted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411267/board/nest/406...

While in Wales visiting her husband James (Sean Bean), Adele (Maria Bello) tries to fix her relationship with her obnoxious and volatile pre-teen daughter Sarah (Sophie Stuckey). By the side of a cliff they see a weird memorial with evidence of a plate missing and with the name "Annwyn" (Welsh for the afterlife) marked on it. A local man Dafydd (Maurice Roëves) explains that this would be the place where people go after dying in accordance with the Welsh mythology. Later, Sarah vanishes on the beach and another similar looking girl, named Ebrill (Abigail Stone) (Welsh for "April"), appears in her place. It transpires that she is the daughter of a local fanatic shepherd (who had his own religious cult) who died fifty years ago. Adele starts researching to find how to rescue her daughter from Annwyn, leading her into a maelstrom of supernatural terror.

Source(s): www.wikipedia.org

The mother took the place of Ebrill.

I watched that on Saturday but I couldn't summarise it as I found it very confusing.

All I know is that the mother died in the end of it.