Long distance relationships and hardships. Should i marry her? Should i leave? Help!?

I've now been with my girlfriend for over 5 years now and we have been through a few ups and downs and major changes in our relationship one of the biggest being now where i recently moved to the middle east to work having been here now for 8 months and in those months cheated on her in the first 3 months with a... show more I've now been with my girlfriend for over 5 years now and we have been through a few ups and downs and major changes in our relationship one of the biggest being now where i recently moved to the middle east to work having been here now for 8 months and in those months cheated on her in the first 3 months with a girl at work which we made up in the end and apologized sincerely for what i did as i did not feel god about what i did and now love my girlfriend sincerely, however the distance is causing troubles between us and sometimes causes arguments and doubts over whether we shoudl stay together as we try to see each other 2 months at a time either me visiting her or vice versa. So far she has come and visted me twice in the middle east teh second being last week where she has only left this morning to go back to London, it caused a lot of heartbreak and crying on her departure and did in the last incident when she visited me in April. Its quite painful to both of us having to let go of each other when leaving to go back and currently is while i write this and is also tricking me into wanting to go back to the UK as this is not what i wish to do at the moment as it's causing too much grief. Pressure has also been imposed upon me with this distance binging up marriage and engagement otherwise breaking up. Other thoughts are my actual work that i partake in here being a junior position i do not feel to be given much work and am not gaining experience in a particular field to revert back to my hometown and therefore have no timeline currently on when i am to go back. This is causing me to want to quit this job and find something suitable in London and with the current liquidity crisis and me being in banking may not aid my situation financially or career wise. I just dont know how long this will take and is causing me heartbreak much of the time not being to hold her at the end of the day or have physical contact. I can only take a certain number of months in this country before i may have to go back and her to just 'wait' for me being an even greater issue is her being by herself in London as her parents are usually away most of the time it causes more difficulties between us. On top of my worries being my parents approval to engage this girl which isn't looking so good at the moment due to culture differences her being iranian and me lebanese even though we are both fom the same religion.... I just need someone in a similair situation or some guidance to give me hope whether this can work out as i feel extremely lonely in this world....;((
a heart can only take so much pain and having this pain everytime i see her leave is too much for me to handle. Leaving her is not as easy as one sees it esecially as we have been everywhere and done everything together in the past ...
1 answer 1