What's with all this 2nd Amendment talk?

All these gun enthusiasts seem to think the only important political issue in this country is how easily can they buy their precious rifles or a revolver.... I consider that problem to be way down on my list...especially with the economic collapse, ongoing Iraq war, medicare etc. Do you consider a candidate's... show more All these gun enthusiasts seem to think the only important political issue in this country is how easily can they buy their precious rifles or a revolver.... I consider that problem to be way down on my list...especially with the economic collapse, ongoing Iraq war, medicare etc.

Do you consider a candidate's stance on the 2nd amendment to be very important , moderate or you don't really give a sh*t?
Update: 2nd amendment was in place because when America was founded we needed militia drawn from citizen ranks...Now...200 years later we have the strongest and the most professional army in the world...The need for a militia is not at all urgent.