What is the problem with my wireless network?

I have a home LAN set up between a wi-fi enabled smartphone (pocket PC), and a wireless router for internet access. The set-up works fine, and I am able to communicate online. However, it does not last for more than 2 hours each time. Sometimes it is as little as 20 minutes. When working fine, I am able to... show more I have a home LAN set up between a wi-fi enabled smartphone (pocket PC), and a wireless router for internet access. The set-up works fine, and I am able to communicate online. However, it does not last for more than 2 hours each time. Sometimes it is as little as 20 minutes.

When working fine, I am able to access the settings for the Netgear router, as well as online browsing. When it drops out, however, my smartphone shows a connection to the router, but no page can be found, not even the router settings page.

I suspected an IP error, but have been unable to find (on the smartphone) any indication of the router's IP. However, on the settings page, it clearly indicates the IP, which is exactly what I suspected it to be, considering the IP given to the smartphone (192.168.0.2, leading me to believe, and confirm, the router to be 192.168.0.1).

I am totally unsure whether the problem is with the smartphone (possibly a wi-fi adaptor problem), or whether it is the router's firmware (it has been switched off for about a year, unused).

I only know that the phone successfully re-connects to the router, but cannot find any page.