What's considered accidental damage when claiming?

I dropped my phone down the side of my bed and when trying to get it back stood on it by mistake. The screen is now going all funny and i can't see anything. If i have cover for accidental damage will i be able to get this fixed with my insurance?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

yes you should be covered i spilt a drink on mine after only having it a month and was able to have it replaced through my insurance before you go ahead though check what excess you have to pay sometimes its nearly as much as a new phone

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Mobile Phone Insurance Accidental Damage

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What's considered accidental damage when claiming?

I dropped my phone down the side of my bed and when trying to get it back stood on it by mistake. The screen is now going all funny and i can't see anything. If i have cover for accidental damage will i be able to get this fixed with my insurance?

Source(s): considered accidental damage claiming: https://biturl.im/PDvjA
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i used to work for o2 so i'll give u some advice here...thats accidental damdage...so you wont be able to claim on your insurance...sooo, what you want to do is, take a note of all your numbers/contacts, delete your texts and 'accidently' lose your phone in the streets...call your network to tell them its lost, file a police report and then you'll get a replacement phone through your insurance...this'll only work if you havent told them already that its damaged...and no, i've never tried it before, i just know enough about it since i worked there lol

edit: sorry forgot to mention, if u are covered for accidental damage (make sure beforehand) then u can avoid all of that and just claim for accidental damage lol but check out the excess fee, sometimes its huge...and check if accidental damage covers screen damage, cos somtimes it doesnt...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes it's a bit silly, but you didn't do it deliberately, so it was an accident. I can't see a problem with a claim. Be frank with them by telling them exactly what happened.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think so, i put mine in the washer

because it was in one of my pockets,

and i was covered by my insurance..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes that is accidental damage

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

I too want to ask the same question

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.