Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 1 decade ago

Are there any performance parts available for the 2.8L Chevy V6 engines in a 1985 Firebird?

Is there a website that has info on performance parts available for this engine?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Try looking up performace parts info for V6 Pontiac Fieros. Pontiac used essentially the same engine design for 2.8L V6 Fieros as they did for 2.8 V6 Firebirds.

I know that Holley made large-bore throttle bodies for V6 Fieros and they should also fit your engine if you can find a used one for sale (they are often for sale on Fiero-club websites, as are other performance goodies and they make a significant difference in peak HP and throttle response). Exhaust headers, performance computer chips, and other random performance add-ons should also be available used at those sites, but good luck finding anything new....no one really makes performance parts for 23 year old V6 engines these days.

Source(s): Own a Fiero, and used to own 2 of them, one with the V6 that I hot-rodded to the point where it blew itself to Kingdom Come....but God was it fun until I pushed the envelope a little too far!
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are there any performance parts available for the 2.8L Chevy V6 engines in a 1985 Firebird?

Is there a website that has info on performance parts available for this engine?

Source(s): performance parts 2 8l chevy v6 engines 1985 firebird: https://biturl.im/xfVH9
  • 1 decade ago

Here try this web site. they have part for you car even if it's a 2.8L Chevy engine.

www.sfxperformance.com/parts/EDL3787.htm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Typically enthusiasts would not use this engine and the market was slim. Upgrade options are the 3.1L and 3.4L v-6s from wrecking yards. Straightforward installs.

Simply put, no.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • pj
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

yes

shave the heads and bigger fuil pump

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.