Lisa asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What is a political levy?

AS history definition.

Something to do with trade unions...

It is a small amount added to you union subscriptions that your union then either uses in support of one of the political parties, to support their own sponsored MP or just simply to pass on to their preferred political affiliation.

The Labour party used to be almost entirely funded by this method and, although it has declined as a proportion of their income in recent decades, it is still a substantial contribution.

You could opt out of paying the levy in the past, although most unions used to assume that you would want to pay it and rarely mentioned the fact, however, you are now required to actively opt in to paying it.

Ah once opon a time I decided to annoy a very leftie union rep and demanded that the political levey they wanted out of my pay packet be paid to the tory party it took three letters but in the end the cash went to my choice, and everyone can do that its not the private bank of our commie labour party

1

Source(s): Universe Might Finish http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy/?Ga9z