Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Bio Oil & Acne Help??

Hi, i have acne, well i usually have up to 3 - 4 spots on my face at a time, although my face looks like i have alot as i have alot of old spots on my face. Anyway im woundering if i should use bio oil on my face because i have alot of acne scars on my cheeks. Would using this why im breaking out make my acne worse?

Thanks.

No, bio oil should only be used when acne has cleared up or you'll make the problem worse.

Oh and bio oil doesnt work, ive tried it on acne scars myself and it was a waste of money.

• Sylvia

Dry and/or greasy skin due to poor oil composition of the skin. Thick greasy oils clog pores, lack of oil leads to dryness and irritation. You need thin oils to moisturize while dissolving and clearing gunk in your poors. Try fish oil or seafood. 2 tsp fish oil a day or 4 servings of seafood a week. Stick it out for at least 2 months; it will take a long time to replace all your oil. Any effect after 1-2 days is temporary or random; so even if it makes you break out a little at first, you haven't given it a full try yet.

In the short term you can wash and moisturize well, but that will only go so far. Plus excessive washing can be drying and excessive moisturizing can be clogging. Use a small amount of a light moisturizer, made with oil not jelly or grease. Often that means soybean oil or mineral oil. Mineral oil means mined from the ground. So soybean oil is usually better, though mineral oil won't cause too much harm. Clean with soap and water, not a harsh acne cleanser. Even then they only work so well. So you really need the seafood.

Antibiotics aren't really good for bacteria long term, they'll come back in force after. Short term they may help. After you get off them find some kefir with acidophilus listed first or 2nd to replace the friendly bacteria they destroyed. Studies show less illness when you have these bacteria, even outside the stomach in places such as the lungs and elsewhere. You want friendly bacteria to fill the void when the antibiotics stop, not harmful ones.

In the short term you might also try 100,000+ iu retinol vitamin A (a megadose, and too much for normal use) or one of the acne drugs that is similar to retinol vitamin A. It's some minor harm to your organs, but it helps against bacteria on your skin. At least it doesn't have the other long term drawbacks to your skin that antibiotics and many scrubs do.

If you would like to learn how to treat your acne permanently and regain your health and wellbeing, without drugs, without typical acne treatments, and without any side effects, then this will be the most important letter you will ever read.

Weird Trick Forces Your Body

To Eliminate Your Acne

Giving You Beautiful Clear Skin

In 30-60 Days?

Make sure your sound is turned on!

• nellie

Bio Oil For Spots

Give it a try and monitor what your skin does. I had bad skin as a teenager and I swear by bio oil! I used it on my face because I decided that extra spots hat came from the oil is better than leaving it and beig scarred for life. But once I started using it on my face, I found there were no extra spots but that my skin was actually clearing! I think Bio Oil is fantastic!

I am obsessed with skin care so other remedies i can suggest (that i have tried and tested... and i have tried ALOT!!) include:

Bicarbonate of soda - mix with a drop of water to create a paste and use as a facee wash/scrub. Follow with a mixture of lemon juice and water on a cotton pad to balance your skins pH (1 part lemon to 8 parts water)

if you wear makeup, I strongly suggest Bare Escentuals or another mineral make up. They dont clog your pores, your skin looks radiant and smooth and it lasts for a really long time. Bare escentuals is a make up that is so pure that you can actually sleep in it.. (although i never recommend sleeping with make up - but at least i know it wont wreck my skin!)

I suggest products with salicylic acid in them that helps clear skin, coupled with ingredients like green tea or similar that helps restore your complexion. Hope this helps!

Have you tried to cut milk out of your diet. It is said that dairy can cause acne. Also try to use natural products, they will have less chemicals in them so there will be less build up of toxins in the body which can also cause skin problems. For scaring and inflammations of the skin try kyri and kim face creams. The lemon and rose one is good and natural too. The website has all the information about what exactly it does. I use it and i have found that my skin has calmed down a lot.

Source(s): www.kyriandkimi.co.uk

Well

If you need to find a good solution for acne, you will be happy to give a look here http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=414

I strongly recommend it.

Good Bye

1

Source(s): Acne Easy Solutions http://emuy.info/AcneSolution/?fq2y

Bio oil, for the scars is good.

Acne is not 3-4 spots, that's just teenage spots. As long as you are and still washing your face, it's unlikely to be the reason for an outbreak. If the scars get you down, a doctor should be able to prescribe something.

As for the spots themselves:

It's a myth that eating and drinking things can cause acne.

The root cause of why some people get acne and some do not is not fully known. It is known to be partly hereditary. Several factors are known to be linked to acne:

* Family/Genetic history. The tendency to develop acne runs in families. For example, school-age boys with acne often have other members in their family with acne as well. A family history of acne is associated with an earlier occurrence of acne and an increased number of retentional acne lesions.

* Hormonal activity, such as menstrual cycles and puberty. During puberty, an increase in male sex hormones called androgens cause the glands to get larger and make more sebum.

* Inflammation, anti-inflammatories are known to improve acne

* Stress, through increased output of hormones from the adrenal (stress) glands, although modern tests have said otherwise and point to this not being a cause.

* Hyperactive sebaceous glands, secondary to the three hormone sources above.

* Accumulation of dead skin cells.

* Bacteria in the pores. Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) is the anaerobic bacterium that causes acne. In-vitro resistance of P. acnes to commonly used antibiotics has been increasing. [10]

* Skin irritation or scratching of any sort will activate inflammation.

* Use of anabolic steroids.

* Any medication containing halogens (iodides, chlorides, bromides), lithium, barbiturates, or androgens.

* Exposure to certain chemical compounds. Chloracne is particularly linked to toxic exposure to dioxins, namely Chlorinated dioxins.

Several hormones have been linked to acne: the androgens testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), as well as insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-I). In addition, acne-prone skin has been shown to be insulin resistant.

Out of these, the ones that are most likely to apply to you are hormonal changes. Do you notice that around the time of your period you get more or less acne? I have moderate-severe acne and have always noticed that a week or so before my period and during my period, my spots get a lot worse.

Stress. When you're really stressed out for weeks on end, do you notice that your acne gets worse?

And your sebaceous glands. There is no way you can tell if this is the reason, but you can find out quite easily. If you wash your face more than twice a day, it's more than likely it's your sebaceous glands being overactive.

You only need to wash your face twice a day, once when you wake up and once when you go to sleep. Anything other than that disturbs your sebaceous glands so they produce more natural oils than your skin needs, so your face gets greasier and you get more spots. The greasier your skin gets the more people think you need to watch it, but excess washing will just make the greasiness worse.

Also try to steer clear of greasy make-up, always go for powders and miracle-dust etc, they don't clog up your pores as much and they won't annoy your skin either, also they tend not to make your skin look shinier, which is one of my main problems with greasy make-ups, I hate shiny skin, whether it's excess grease or just excess make-up it looks silly in my opinion.

Keep eating what you want and drinking what you want, although if you've noticed that pop aggravates your skin, you're wise to stay away from it, milk and other dairy products tend to aggravate mine, so I've cut them from my diet completely, it hasn't helped my skin loads but I've noticed a difference.

The next set of advice is general and is the advice I got from my dermatologist because I want to avoid hugely chemical treatments for my acne.

Don't use any expensive face washes that "guarantee" they can clear spots, they may work in the short term but in the long term they are awful for your skin. Only use warm water and soap on your skin, it's the only thing that won't aggravate skin more.

You should only be washing your face twice a day, when you wake up and before you go to sleep. Any more and you will over stimulate the sebaceous glands in your face causing them to produce more grease and you'll get more spots.

If it worries you go to your doctor, they will be able to prescribe something. Normally a topical lotion.

Source(s): Experience with acne, it's hereditary in my family

I would try it, but be careful because key word is "oil" which can clog pores. Use it, and if you notice your breaking out more, then stop.