or something in that realm...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Granny
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

good but easy?

What is the point of going if you have that attitude?

• 1 decade ago

You need to look at a university that is good for the course you want to do, not just doss your way in! If you are unsure about what you want to do, take a year out (or possibly more if you need to save up) - this way you can apply when you are ready to actually go to uni and make the most of your time there. I spent half of my year out attending high school in the USA simply because I'd always fancied trying it out and there was an organisation that did it! However while there I worked out what I wanted to study and was able to apply when I got home. It is harder to apply part way through the next year as a lot of places had already been assigned but I got a place at Sunderland - not known as a good university, but it turned out to be one of the best for media studies - the programme I was in!

I may have rambled here, but I hope I got my point across. If you're really in doubt about your exam results or something like that, you could take the risk of applying through Clearing only, when you will have your results and know what you can go for and when the unis drop their entry requirements to try to fill empty places.

• 1 decade ago

It depends what you want to study. At most universities, if a course is popular and they have more choice of students, it will be harder to get onto that course. Some universities may not be high up in the league tables but the course you want to do might be a really good one that is well thought of.

• 1 decade ago

University of Chester, they're relatively new so they recruit like mad but it's a very good university, I know quite a few people who are studying/have studied there, and they're all really happy with it, even though so few people even knew there was a university in Chester.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

What course do you want to do?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.