Where to find good cheap hard drives and graphics tablets?

hi there all i am at college doing a course, and for it i need a hard drive and a graphics tablet. so my question is where can i get a descent external hard drive, it has to be around the 500 gb mark, it needs to be at least 7200RPM minimum, and have firewire connection, but it has to be cheap, not so cheap... show more hi there all

i am at college doing a course, and for it i need a hard drive and a graphics tablet.

so my question is where can i get a descent external hard drive, it has to be around the 500 gb mark, it needs to be at least 7200RPM minimum, and have firewire connection, but it has to be cheap, not so cheap that its useless, but i cant afford to pay for the brand name.

also i need to find a graphic tablet, this need to be around the A4 size, preferably not wireless as it will annoy me having to keep buying batteries, and will prob run out when i need it most.

these item both have to be Mac compatible, and with out needing any drivers, as they are college computers, i wouldn't have the access to be able to install drivers, i know that wacom tablets are like this, but they cost far too much for my budget.

so basically i need your recommendations on good products and where i can get them cheap, if its cheap and useless please let me know so i don't buy it. model numbers would be good and website addresses even better
Update: yep sorry people i should have said i live in the UK, item available to the UK would be best, as i don't want to wave loads on the product and then pay loads in shipping or find out it runs on a different voltage on need a different plug etc