Vice President Sarah Palin - Ditzy Ploy? is it a setup? Lower our expectations?

so - she's been in the limelight for only 4 weeks and has received more negative exposure than Biden and Obama put together these past several mths. do u think this is what the campaign wanted to? no one expects for her to do well in interviews. Everyone thinks shes gonna screw up the debate. maybe the tactic is to have her act as airheadish as she can and then the real Sarah Palin comes out next week. but isnt it too late to do this? Mccain is sinking in the polls - it doesnt look good.

thoughts?

She could give solid answers like these that were "left out" of the Couric interview.

CBS News Erases Moderate Quotes from Palin Transcript

Here are the missing pieces of the transcript:

(2:58) Couric: What, specifically, in your view, could be done to convince the new government in Pakistan to take a harder, tougher line against terrorists in that country?

Palin: At a time when new leadership comes in, that is the opportunity to forge better, tighter, more productive relationships and that’s what we’ll take advantage of with new leadership in the US and in Pakistan. And I’m sure that President Zardari, too, will agree with us as we commit to the support that Pakistan needs, that other nations in the region need, in order to win this war on terrorism. (3:32)

(5:39) Couric: But what lessons do you think you have learned as you’ve watched this unfold in terms of implementing the democracy and the challenges inherent in that goal?

Palin: Well, one is that America cannot be counted on to do this solely, to be the savior of every other nation, but we need friends and we need allies and we need this nation-building effort and we need to forge new alliances, and that is what a new election will provide opportunity to do.

Couric: What happened if the goal of democracy, Governor Palin, doesn’t produce the desired outcome, for example in Gaza, the US pushed hard for elections and Hamas won.

Palin: Especially in that region, though, we have got to protect those and support those who do seek democracy and do seek protections for the people who live there. And you know, we’re seeing today, in the last couple of days here in New York, a speaker, a President of Iran, Ahmadinejad, who would come on our soil and express such disdain for one of our closest allies and friends—Israel—and we’re hearing the evil that he speaks. And if hearing him doesn’t allow Americans to commit more solidly to protecting the friends and allies that we need, expecially there in the Mideast, then nothing will.

If Americans are not waking up to understand what it is that he represents, then nothing is going to wake us up and we will be lulled into some kind of false sense of security that perhaps Americans were a part of before 9/11.(7:25)

I would say that the McCain "camp" underestimated the intelligence of the American public. They confused marketing a celebrity (for the purpose only of winning the fight) with picking a solid candidate.

Watch the majority of US ads... they will try to sell a dead fish, by saying that new studies have proven that aged fish lowers your cholesterol. 50 million people will then run out, buy dead fish, and QUOTE THE NON EXISTENT study as why they did it.

I personally believe there are really nasty things buried in the Republican back yard, that they will go criminal, if they have to, in order to prevent any Democrat from winning. Seriously. And I think that the fact of Obama being Black was just icing.. but they would have fought this hard, no matter what.

my opinion, for what it is worth.

No, the campaign picked her to stir up voters to get on their bandwagon. She has not done well in interviews at all. Hell, they have to edit them so she doesn't look so retarded. She will screw up the debate because she has no idea about what's going on today. She is retarded. I think all Americans (except those religious idiots) will agree we don't want her. It's time to stop accepting stupid people in society and call them out on their BS.

I'm actually voting for Obama and I never thought I'd ever vote.

Sarah Palin is a joke, just like John McCain.

Although I feel it is highly unlikely that she will win the VP debate on Thursday, we definitely could be surprised. With our expectations lower than low, she could easily do much better than we think she will. It is a fifty-fifty chance either way. I think the air has been let out of the Republicans tires.

ok, so she's a sturdy kinfolk woman with a intense approval score, and that i'm extremely joyful that there'll be a lady on as a vice chairman candidate, yet perchance the incorrect woman. i in my opinion believe she's pushing human/woman rights back some many years... enable a lady commit to do to her body what she needs. also, who's to assert that homosexuals could no longer have an same rights as everybody else? She's purely way too conservative for my palate.

If it was any kind of set up or ploy it would be really stupid because alot of people will not be able to get past all the ditziness there has been from her and would be a loss to them.

Ploy - possibly. Still not the right choices for the White House.

NO YAMSTER MCCAIN CAMP DIDN'T EXPECT THE CONSERVATIVES IN HIS PARTY WOULD BE CALLING FOR PALIN TO STEP DOWN .LMAO

I CAN SEE RUSSIA FROM MY HOUSE