Mens Trousers size 44 (in France) how many inches waist are they?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Maybe 34". I have a trouser with a UK size of 36" at the reverse says FR 46" so I just deducted 2" to make it 34".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are many size conversion charts online. Just Google "European Men's Clothing Sizes". I used http://www.usatourist.com/english/tips/Mens-Sizes....

In Europe (including France), Men's trousers are sized by waistband & inseam measurements, in centimetres (cm). 1 cm = 2.5 inches, so to change inches to cm, you multiply the inches by 2.5. To change cm to inches, you divide the cm by 2.5.

Since 44 cm works out to only 17.6 inches, those trousers would be so tiny they'd fit a boy, not a man. So it appears that the "size 44" may already be in inches, since a large man could have a 44 inch waist.

However, the "size 44" may apply to a full suit, which the trousers were once part of. A European "size 44" men's suit works out to an American "size 34", which is quite small.

Your safest bet is to ask the seller to lay the pants flat and give you the actual measurements for the waist and inseam. Find out if they're doubling the waist measurement (which will give you the full circumference), or just measuring across the waistband. If they don't double the measurement, you'll have to.

If you're having the trousers mailed to you, be sure to choose Air Mail. Surface Mail can take MONTHS to arrive!

• Susan
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Size 16

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.