Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

Which is the better car: VW Golf or Nissan Almera UK Spec ?

Plan to help my sister buy her first car, she's interested in those 2.

2004/05 models. I prefer the VW, I think the Nissan is rather common. But there are a lot more considerations.

1.4Litre....

mark v golf....I'm sure

Favorite Answer

you should consider the prices of parts and the reliability and upkeep.

I would go for the VW any time

VW Golf all day long for me. the almera is about as fun to drive as watching paint dry. it is reliable though. not to say the golf is unreliable of course.

if i was going for a golf, id be looking at a tdi version. ive always found the petrol models a bit weedy, with not enough go.

dont know what diablo is basing his post on, and dave is correct. the vw will be more £££ to service. but if you avoid vw dealers and use a good independent, it should not be that bad.

If money is not an option, I'd choose the VW anytime. More pricier than the Nissan to run especially when it comes to spare parts. On the other hand, the Almera would be less pricey to maintain. Either way, it doesn't matter what car you drive, if you don't know how to take care of it, it will cost more to maintain.

Source(s): A Toyota TRD Corolla driver.

I would definitely recommend the VW Golf - excellent car that will last for years! Nissan cheap and nasty in my opinion

Japanese cars tend to have more electronic gizmos inside the car which some people prefer.the vw will be more £££ to service. but if you avoid vw dealers and use a good independent, it should not be that bad.A VW would have better fuel mileage and with gas prices

Source(s): for more info visit http://www.iSeeCars.com

Golf

if the vw golf is the mk4 dont buy the 1,4 or 1.6 both very poor engines, very slow espeicaly driving on countyr roads, but i gues first car it would be a 1.4, have a look at the ford fiesta, or focus or even peogeot 206/207

personally Germans are better engineers and their engines are far more trouble-free than the Japanese generally, and the VW looks better than the Almera. Japanese cars tend to have more electronic gizmos inside the car which some people prefer.

A VW would have better fuel mileage and with gas prices today i don't think I would want to spend $150 a week on gas...

The trouble with vw is the cost of spares and servicing is so expensive.