TaK
TaK asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Will a lie detector test help prove I've been sexually harassed if there were no witnesses?

I've been suspended from my job pending an investigation. My superior has a long list of lies against me and I want to take a lie detector test to prove I am the victim. Will this be successful?

Lie detectors are inadmissible in court so I doubt it would help you in this investigation. I think you should counter claim. You have rights as well.

unfortunately no. even in court, lie detector has not yet accepted as a valid proof of evidence.

you should gather legit papers and live witness.

the other things you should do is to go above your superior (obviously he got superior too) if he's the top man in the corp ...then it's no point continuing your job there.

Just start writing a detailed list of all the problems you have encountered with your boss. Most time people will find for the employee rather then the employer. Due to so much employer abuse in the workplace.

The stakes are to big for you to rely on suggestions from strangers online. Now is the time to protect yourself and your career.

Consult your attorney. Now.

If you do not have an attorney, use the referral service of your state bar association.

Do NOT volunteer or suggest using a lie detector until you have consulted with your attorney.

Source(s): 30 years experience in civil litigation

Lie detectors are wrong 33% of the time so they're not admissable in court.

No employer can force an employee to take a polygraph test.

Have you ever heard of the polygraph protection act of 1988? If not then read the link below.

no, lie detector tests may not be used in a court of law or for any legal matters due to their inaccuracy, and complications involved with trusting a machine... not to mention they are very "beatable" (if you know how they work)

a lie detector test will not hold up in court. sorry

Get a GOOD lawyer first. You will have to sue and yes you could be successful with a good lawyer.