Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Poll on thumbing down peoples answers ?

Do you think recently it is getting a little out of hand i mean the other day i saw somebody had 45 thumbs down just for complaining about 2 do you think that the thumbs down should be hidden so that people don't do it just out of spite?

And why do people thumb down your opinions ? weird?!!?

• Favourite answer

I completely agree! When it comes to opinions I don't think you should even be able to get a thumbs down. You can get a violation if you were to attack someone that had asked if it is illegal to get an abortion so and so (obviously this person feels that it is okay to abort) if we were to attack them for their belief we could get a violation, but that is our opinion, we all have a right to state our opinions here without being judged for it. When I give MY opinion, because YOU don't agree with it you give it a thumbs down...that's a fine how do you do. But hey the thumbs down don't count for anything anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, just kinda annoying when they do it on a question that asks an opinion.

• I thumb up people's answers all the time, but I have only ever thumbed down a few times, when I have found an answer very offensive.

But sometimes it seems that once somebody thumbs down once, there is a chain reaction and everybody does it! Which defeats the point really.. But if there is a thumbs up option I suppose there should be a thumbs-down too.

do you know what,i have been targeted as we all do,it doesn't really bother me,because usually i answer and i move on,but there has been occasion when i have gone back and i have seen other answers around mine thumbed down and mine up,now i am not stupid obviously there is those it is a game to,and they can do it in such a way it looks like certain users are doing it,and its this i don't agree with,because some will believe everything they see without even thinking about it,and that's how nastiness starts,that's what i think theres no need for it,i think they should take it away.same with the voting also,if i ever got a best answer,i would thumb everyone else up,i have stopped doing that,because you can become targeted.i would rather my time be spent happily,instead of negativity.

• Wow, the most I've ever got is 5 I've got some catching up to do. I think if people are going to be spiteful their going to be that way, I'm more bothered that you can't see answers that have had a few thumbs down.

I think you should be able to click on the thumbs down to see who is doing it - same with reporting that leads to violations. Then people are more likely to have a genuine reason.

I couldn't care a less about thumbing down. Violations for stupid reasons which yahoo has obviously not looked at are annoying.

It was much more fun when the Roman Senate used to give "thumbs down" to the Christians in the lion's den.

Oh, for the good old days.

No i don't despite if it annoys me that somebody supplies me a thumb down in simple terms because of fact i'm declaring my opinion. the only time I provide thumbs down is while each and every physique is insulting or giving advise solutions,in simple terms because of fact somebody had a distinctive opinion would not advise I could provide them a thumbs down,each and every physique had the main concepts-blowing to state their opinion

I think it should be removed and also anyone reporting Q's made public we would see a HUGE drop i the vindictiveness that is rife here also if someone e-mails another user in a threatening way that hould be dealt with

Life is Too Short to play stupid mind games on a website if that gets your juices flowing and makes you feel a better person time for a reality check I say

Source(s): Nicky makes a VERY good point !

They are just juveniles. And what does it mean anyway?! It means nothing to me. Come to think of it i'm not sure why the thumbs exist,even though i like to give thumbs up.

YEah i do, and the other day i seen a question about gordon brown someone got 10 thumbs down for saying they liked gordon brown lol.