Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Will you lower your American flag to half mast on April 15?

Biden says it's your patriotic duty to pay more taxes, is this the leadership you want? You paying more taxes while politicians coast along in life with all their perks and lifetime paycheck.

Actually I'd prefer to keep them at half-mast till April 16, or maybe more like the middle of June when we're free from paying Biden's taxes.

Got a source for him saying "more taxes"?

That said, it IS our patriotic duty to pay taxes. If we'd had real fiscal conservatives in office who didn't just spend spend spend but kept a balanced budget, we wouldn't need to tax more in the coming years. Your Republican policies have put this country into debt so severe it will be our children, their children, and the children 5 generations to follow to just pay it all off, IF we can get the budget balanced. How can you pretend that's not an issue?

I want to live in a solvent country and the only way we'll get that is to cut spending in unnecessary places, close tax loopholes, raise taxes for certain elements, and find creative solutions to expensive problems. Oh, and we need to stop getting into wars at the President's whims.

You also seem to be ignorant of the fact that the very people who are suggesting an increase on taxes to people making over $250k (Obama/Biden) are some of people who will have to pay it. They are leading by example, if you ask me. The rest of us poor schmoes who make less than that will pay less taxes.

i've got considered Libs at right here that decision our flag a warfare flag. it extremely is so disrespectful. i will fly my American Flag proudly. I basically desire O does not attempt to apply his brand as a flag. God help us all. God Bless usa of america and Her human beings! God Bless Our courageous Troops!

and the republican plan to pay back all the money they've begged, borrowed and stole, isssssssssssssssssssssssss???????????

Oh, that's right.........their plan, is to elect a democrat they can blame it all on, and then try again in 2012 .

GREAT plan!

As usual, a democrat will have to raise taxes because of the "Don't tax and spend like drunken sailors anyway" republicans.

Yeah, you guys have all the answers....that's why we're in the mess we're in after 8 years of chimp-like management.

• jxt299

What, you don't think you owe anything to keep this country working? Don't you like America? Why should America do anything for you if you aren't willing to support it? Nothing in life is free. If you elect a president who starts a war somewhere, you better understand that you are going to have to pay for his war. Thats just the way it is. So vote for people who will spend the money you pay WISELY. On roads, streets, education so there will be more prosperous taxpayers to share the tax burden with you and not welfare cases or criminals who sap the economy because they never learned marketable skills. Don't you think its wise to spend money to keep epidemics from coming into the country and killing you and your family? Or would you rather die from bird flu, but with that extra $25 in your pocket when they burn your body up in a mass grave? Think. It works!

• Andrea

I think it's governments patriotic duty to stop spending our money like it was going out of style. Fiscal responsibility, and income growth is what we need !!!!!

I do think it's a patriotic duty.

I bet you say you support your government....but won't pay for it? You can bet those same people would never fight for it either.

I wish I could be irrational and say 'cut taxes' then pretend government could get by without money.....but no.....reality is pressing.

We pay $500 BILLION a year for interest on the national debt. If we were taxed enough to pay what our government spent under Reagan and both Bush's then we wouldn't need to tax people nearly as much. (Clinton balanced the budget...so he didn't create new debt).

Biden is an idiot. But not as much of an idiot as Obama. I don't want a Muslim in the White House with the middle name of Hussein.

John Marshall in 1819 wrote that "The power to tax involves the power to destroy".

What doe's lowering your flag have to do with Biden,Patriotic duty,taxes,leadership etc..