Arrested & handcuffed - nerve damage?

hi all, i was arrested on friday night and handcuffed very tightly. i can't remember much as I was drunk (reason i was arrested). Since then my left arm has been tingling and specifrically the shoulder muscle refuses to work. I have feeling in it but my wrists are very bruised and sore and my shoulder muscle being... show more hi all, i was arrested on friday night and handcuffed very tightly. i can't remember much as I was drunk (reason i was arrested). Since then my left arm has been tingling and specifrically the shoulder muscle refuses to work. I have feeling in it but my wrists are very bruised and sore and my shoulder muscle being paralysed is really worrying me. whats the problem? will it be permanent? i canot make it move at all. its no sunday and still no improvement. my whole arm is weak and 'asleep'.

please spare the drinking lectures, i already feel like i have been run over, thanks.
Update: handcuffing is pretty standard procedure in the UK. however yes i probably deserved to. Reckon i could get some compensation then? There's handcuffing, then destroying someones wrists.
8 answers 8