promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How did the Large Hadron Collider cause the biggest stock market crash in History?

strange co-incidence isn't it? is our financial system being sucked into a black hole?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

(the markets been on a steady decline since october 2007)

the biggest stock market (US?) crashes in history happened in 1929 and 1987

the nasdaq dropped this year on Aug 18th... about a month before cern fired their first main TEST (not the real experiment) and this doesn't matter much since the project has been known for about 10 years now.

any falls in the market today are mostly due to real estate and bank values. perhaps war and weather.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How did the Large Hadron Collider cause the biggest stock market crash in History?

strange co-incidence isn't it? is our financial system being sucked into a black hole?

Source(s): large hadron collider biggest stock market crash history: https://shortly.im/NGpAh
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Investing in the right penny stocks is one of the most lucrative ways to make money in the stock market. Learn here https://tr.im/rTvCM

Tiny companies are a great way to make a fortune off of the stock market. Every trading day one thing’s almost certain: the biggest gaining stocks are bound to be penny stocks. The profit potential of penny stocks has been turning heads for some time now.

• suitti
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It looks as if poor planning in the housing market has led to foreclosures. The houses sold don't recoup the outstanding debt - so it's a mess. This has been quite awhile in coming.

The housing market is so bad where i live that if i wanted to sell my house, the easiest thing would be to try to get my bank to give me a loan for the entire equity i have in the house. I'd then use that to buy another house that's on foreclosure - which i'd then own outright. I'd walk away from my old house - giving it to my bank. Who needs to have a credit rating when they own a house?

And this is the heart of the problem. In the old days, banks were very reluctant to write second mortgage loans. Duh!

Why is this an Astronomy and Space question? It is. We're looking at astronomical stupidity. It used to be that Hydrogen was the most abundant element in the Universe. But now it has been proven beyond doubt that "Stupidity" is more common.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is not the biggest crash and the crash already started in 2006 - the Large Hadron Collider was still not even partially built then...

• 1 decade ago

What's really strange is that someone knows so little about American financial history that they call the current market crisis the "biggest stock market crash in history."

• Wikipedia Quote: " The most famous crash, the Wall Street Crash of 1929, happened on October 29, 1929. The economy had been growing robustly for most of the so-called Roaring Twenties. It was a technological golden age as innovations such as radio, automobiles, aviation, telephone and the power grid were deployed and adopted. Companies who had pioneered these advances like Radio Corporation of America (RCA), and General Motors saw their stocks soar. Financial corporations also did well as Wall Street bankers floated mutual fund companies (then known as investment trusts) like the Goldman Sachs Trading Corporation. Investors were infatuated with the returns available in the stock market especially with the use of leverage through margin debt. On August 24, 1921, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stood at a value of 63.9. By September 3, 1929, it had risen more than sixfold, touching 381.2. It would not regain this level for another twenty five years. By the summer of 1929, it was clear that the economy was contracting and the stock market went through a series of unsettling price declines. These declines fed investor anxiety and events soon came to a head. October 24 (known as Black Thursday) was the first in a number of increasingly shocking market drops. This was followed swiftly by Black Monday on October 28 and Black Tuesday on October 29.

On Black Tuesday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 38 points to 260, a drop of 12.8%. The deluge of selling overwhelmed the ticker tape system that normally gave investors the current prices of their shares. Telephone lines and telegraphs were clogged and were unable to cope. This information vacuum only led to more fear and panic. The technology of the New Era, much celebrated by investors previously, now served to deepen their suffering.

Black Tuesday was a day of chaos. Forced to liquidate their stocks because of margin calls, overextended investors flooded the exchange with sell orders. The glamour stocks of the age saw their values plummet. Across the two days, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 23%.

By the end of the week of November 11, the index stood at 228, a cumulative drop of 40 percent from the September high. The markets rallied in succeeding months but it would be a false recovery that led unsuspecting investors into the worst economic crisis of modern times.

Although it is popularly believed that the Crash inflicted heavy financial loss on investors during this period, the Great Depression which followed was far more terrible. While the Crash dealt a severe blow to many a stockholder's portfolio, the Great Depression brought obliteration and bankruptcy. The Dow Jones Industrial Average would lose 89% of its value before finally bottoming out in July 1932. "

I see no mention of the LHC causing this stockmarket crash.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The LHC had a glitch. Just read about it on yahoo a minute a go.

No that was grandma. She likes jelly filled doughnuts. LOL!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I'm making good profit with a binary option signal software called "autobinary signal". It's great!! Check here for more information ( http://forexsignal.kyma.info )

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because your Mum thought it was a doughnut, and she accidentally trampled over Wall street in her haste, and destroyed several cities.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.