Does 'true' love happen only once in a lifetime?

I am beginning to think it maybe so......have had few relationships & they were great, still pals now, but something was missing, I did have true love once for 6yrs and he was honestly the only one felt was a true love........never had to question it, it was just right but sadly when younger things just don't work out due to circumstances.......have stayed single long time now.......maybe one day will find it a 2nd time........when least expect it as that's usually how it works :))

Yes

Negative ~ I have had true love a couple time and I have had unhealthy love numerous times but I defiantly know the difference

Some believe that you meet three great people in your life.

What i believe is that true love happens only once,the others are just infatuations.

• Linda

I think it's down to how we define it.

If things work out well with our true love,then yes.

If it goes wrong, we have to believe that true love can happen again, otherwise we shut the door and that's sad.

Maybe... I have never been in "true" love, but you can only love someone who totally loves you too. You need to be IN love with him/her and he/she must also be IN love with you. You don't really love someone if you say you love him/her, it will just mean that you love him/her as a friend, relative, etc.; You must say that you ARE IN love with that person.

NOTE: True Love only happens if you are truly dreaming to be IN love...

It hasn't happened once in this lifetime, yet.

• Sara

Yes i think it happens only once.

No I used to think so but I loved twice deeply !!!

In my case it happens way too often!