Rob L asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

who is the fastest male tennis player on the ATP tour?

I know there are a lot of fast players out there, who do you think is the fastest? or is there perhaps any proof and evidence of who is the fastest. I am tempted to say Nadal, but then you have players like Federer, Djokovic, Ferrer and Murray, so who?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

While all of them are fast personally Bjorn Phau a German is one of the quickest players i have ever seen play. He played Nadal in the first round of the US open this year in an interview , Andre Agassi cited Phau as one of the quickest tennis players he has ever faced. Some general info on his singles career and himself:

Country Germany

Residence Weilerswist, Germany

Date of birth October 4, 1979

Place of birth Darmstadt, West Germany

Height 5 ft 9 in (175 cm)

Weight 154 lb (70 kg)

Turned pro 1999

Plays Right-handed; one-handed backhand

Career prize money $1,118,703

Singles

Career record: 42–76 (ATP Tour)

Career titles: 0 ATP, 2 ITF

Highest ranking: No. 59 (June 19, 2006)

If you want to know who is basically the fastest person in the top 10 I would have to say Murray because his game is very defensive and if you watch him play very few shots are winners against him because of his speed.

Source(s): wikipedia.org
  • 3 years ago

Fastest Tennis Player

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1-James blake i think he is a little faster than the others

2-Roger Federer We all know about his court speed

3 Rafa Nadal Always Fast and agile

4-Gael Monfils One of the faster andbetter Athletes

5-Donald Young He is also up there with the fastest

6-Nishikori Japanese Teen has somereal court speed

7- David Ferrer The veteran with the Wheels

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDG7z

Because of male testosstrone Men have more power in serves which means its easy for them to keep service game. So if there service game is secure they focus more towards the break points. Take Andy Roddick. Its kinda hard to break his serve and you need atleast 1 break game to win a set. i mean even the world fastest women server Venus williams her fastest is 128 mph which is like average for men Atp tour players and if you look at Andy roddick 155 mph thats crazy!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Learn How to Play Tennis With A Proven Step-by-Step European Teaching System - http://beginnertennis.info/step-by-step-1023.html

A Step-by-Step Video Instruction Guide For Tennis Beginners

1. Learn how to play tennis quickly and without the frustration that beginners often experience with tennis

2. Learn technique that lays the foundation for advanced strokes when you're ready for them

3. Learn tennis with the modern "game-based" approach that lets you develop your own fluid strokes instead of robotic copy of your coach's

This Tennis for Beginners video guide allows you to learn all major tennis strokes in a step-by-step format with additional videos that help you overcome the most common challenges all tennis beginners face.

You can be learning how to play tennis just minutes from NOW...

http://beginnertennis.info/step-by-step-1023.html

If you are serious about learning how to play tennis, then don’t miss this chance of having 49 instruction videos on your PC, MAC, smartphone or tablet ready for you to study and analyze at any time and as many times as you want.

Source(s): Tennis For Beginners - Learn How To Play Tennis - http://beginnertennis.info/step-by-step-1023.html
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think people underestimate Federer's speed.

He's lightening around the court, but he's more graceful, than Nadal, Murray atc.

The only reason Fed doesn't always look as quick is because he almost glides, and he doesn't often let opponents dominate him, so that he is always chasing.

Someone like Murray and Nadal who have defensive games are always chasing, so they get to show off their speed.

FedEx rules!

x

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Capital of the Republic of Austria and one of Europe's many visited towns, Vienna (Wien) owes a lot of its appeal and wealthy history to its striking location on the banks of the lovely Danube River. Vienna is the area you intend to invest your special holyday so wear waste any time and get more information with hotelbye . Vienna was, for centuries, the gate way between West and East Europe; it was the organic nucleus of the after sprawling Habsburg Empire, and to this day stays Austria's most significant professional and cultural hub. Vienna remains to attract guests with its many good traditional sites, as well as for the busy plan of events and entertainment.

• 1 decade ago

my answer would be out of the top five players it would first be nadal and then djovick....

but outside of the top players it would be bjorn phau.... he played nadal first round of US OPEN, and he was literally out running nadal, and doing better gets then nadal.. nadal had to get more aggressive with him to beat him..

that guy was fast and i am sure the fastest outside the best players

• 1 decade ago

Davydenko is the fastest among the top ten. At 5'10, and 150 lbs. He moves the court like a feather with 2 rolling feet, and cleverly, IMO.

Source(s): My own observance
  • 1 decade ago

nishikori is real fast. he beat fererr in the us open and is only 18. gael monfils is also very fast, but nadal is just unbeilby fast

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.