Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Would you vote for a candidate who couldn't use a telephone?

In the last 10 year, email has become an extremely important form of communication. In the next 10 years it's importance will only grow. If we had a candidate that came out and said "I don't really know how to use a telephone", would you vote for that person?

And for all of those who are going to post about his war injurys preventing him from using a computer, don't lie, he can type just fine.

And for anyone who is going to say they don't want their president using the internet, stop projecting. Executives of the country don't typically use email to send around youtube clips of bears falling out of trees onto trampolines.

kool-aid -

Ok, I really have to ask you this one. Please give me the elected president who during his campaigning wrote his own speeches.

I wonder if McCain's "Change" is going to be getting a telegraph in every major city.

Brandon -

You are entirely right. My question was about his ability to gab to his friends with nonsense messages on a mobile phone. It was in no way an allusion to the fact that the internet is one of the most imporant things mankind has going for it right now, and McCain is totally clueless on every aspect of it.

Who needs internet tubes and such when we are rolling it back to 1930 anyway?

The dude jr -

Really? That is such useful information. I have to thank you for that. You are so smart. Really. Good job.

Favorite Answer

The telephone is now of a smaller matter whereas the internet is the new source of communication, information, and influence. Haha yes i do believe that he has the ability to type since he holds the microphone up to his mouth just fine every speech he's made. But, regarding the internet, its symbolic to technology as a whole, which the United States must be on top off to beat our neighbors in China, Japan and India. There's no excuse to be computer illiterate.

in spite of if I have been the international's finest atheist, or an undemanding innovations,i'd vote for the realist. Over a Muslim, a Catholic, a Jew, a Muslim, a witch scientific professional, a mystic, a Buddhist, a Rastafarian, a Protestant , an Orthodoxist or all people else--all different issues being equivalent. i'd vote for the realist because of fact he'd be the only person who would desire to rationally promise to do the main appropriate element--and not would desire to seek for advice from a e book 1000 years previous written by way of fantasists, enthusiasts, or the anxious in the past he made up what became left of his innovations. thank you for asking.

• Timmy

People are claiming that he cannot push keys, but can push buttons on a telephone. Granted, McCain might have pain and cannot type in long duration, which is a perfectly reasonable assumption, but something is not adding up.

Wow you are a ******.

The man has these problems defending our freedoms. Being in a POW camp. So he can't text message. Do you think Clinton, Reagan, or any other president other than Bush has text messaged before? No so stfu with this pointless bullshit.

• Ingrid

I see over 80 year old people with arthritis using computers.

Their handicap does not keep them from using the latest

gadgets.

more presidents didn't know how to use a phone than ones who have

its about as usefull as your lame question

henc the answer

no, I wouldn't.

However I also wouldn't vote for a man who was a coke head while in public office.

Guess i'm screwed either way.

Am I going to vote for a socialist because he knows how to type, then point and click? No.

• Loosid

We all vote for candidates who don't write their own speeches.

Isnt that more of a concern?

haha, what the **** did you eat an extra serving of dumbass this morning, or are you that much of a stupid asshole.

lol I;m kidding, but seriously what does that stuff matter?