which is the best torrent downloader?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

utorrent - it's small in size, it hardly uses any memory or much CPU time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The original creators of BitTorrent, gained a third-party company, one that developes a piece of software named uTorrent.

uTorrent is an all-you-need for downloading torrents, portable, small size, all major OS compatible BitTorrent download manager.

uTorrent gets the job done, especially if your downloading a big file(s) over night, it doesn't normally ever crash, Server minimal code settings, so you needn't the UI, especially usable with the HTTP web server management tools built into it, if you don't want the GUI, use the web application.

uTorrent is fully functional when downloading from Torrent websites, like those grouped by the BTJunkie.org torrent search engine.

uTorrent is 100% free and legal.

BTJunkie is 100% free and legal.

And the software by BTJunkie.org is not stored on anyone's servers, it is untracable by government and partially legal, but however it is illegal in most of the US and main-land Europe.

Legal torrents have been dis-credited under US laws, and soon the whole torrent network will be shut down potentially by ISPs.

Just warning you...

Thanks.

CybX.

• 1 decade ago

there are multiple programs available and they have different features.

Azureus and Utorrent are very popular free ones available.

Your OS also would influence your choice.

Utorrent does not even need to be installed; Azureus is now called vuze and has a lot of customizable features that give the user massive control.

You can also use ABC which is a nice program.

Other popular choices include BitComet and BitLord.

A general list would be in terms of popularity:

1. uTorrent

(Known as both "u-torrent" and "micro torrent", this is the most popular torrent tool today. uTorrent has all the functions a torrent downloader will ever need, and it only requires 1 MB of hard drive space and memory. uTorrent has all the downloading and seeding performance of its competitors, but with minimal impact to the rest of your computer's speed.)

2. BitComet

(Good, but losing popularity to uTorrent)

3. ABC

(Another very popular Torrent client)

4. BitLord

(A popular tool that has a built-in torrent search engine...you may never need to use a torrent search web site ever again with this product)

5. TurboBT

(Nice-looking GUI appearance with this package)

6. Azureus

(A Java language client; was considered "king" of the torrent programs until uTorrent software came along and took that crown away. As with uTorrent and any other software you install, ensure that you virus scan.)

7. The Original BitTorrent Client

(Authored by Bram Cohen himself; no fancy GUI here, but it downloads quickly. Recommended for programmer types and Macintosh users)

I would suggest getting utorrent. Get vuze if you want to use all the extra added features.

• 1 decade ago

Best Downloader: utorrent: http://www.utorrent.com/

Best Torrent Site: btjunkie: http://www.btjunkie.org

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They all pretty much run at the same speeds, but some are a bit better due to features and support. This article discusses the best bittorrent clients and has links to downloads and setup guides for the suggested ones:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-bittorre...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I normally use Bit Torrent, simple, few complications. Or try Bit Lord or BitComet.

• 1 decade ago

I use utorrent. It's easy to download and easy to use. I recommend you to download it. It's also good because you can stop and start your downloads with ease and if your computer was to crash during download you would be able to resume your download at anytime. It also downloads at good speeds.

• This is a matter of opinion. Like what is the best car or singer or clothes. Everybody has their own favorite.

But I like uTorrent and I am always right.

• 1 decade ago

I use limewire, so can use limewires own features + download torrents.

• 1 decade ago

Emule, good file range and less false downloads

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.