can i become a nursery nurse with a BTEC level 3 in health and social care?

=]

x

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

hi, i'm doing my lvl 2 course today and yes you can. as you do work placements and study modules you would need to become one within the course

Source(s): my tutor
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi

Ideally, a nursery nurse will have achieved a Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ, Certificate or Diploma in Early Years Care and Education, or Children's Care, Learning and Development awarded by CACHE, BTEC or City and Guilds.

As many of these courses are vocational/work-based, some employers might be prepared to offer you a positon on the provision that you are prepared to achieve one of these qualifications within a specified deadline.

I'd definitely be interested to hear how you get on with this.

Best of luck.

• 1 decade ago

I'm sorry but no-it needs to be a childcare and education based qualification. I think you need level 2 to be assistant, level 3 to be nursery nurse and level 6 (degree) to be nursery teacher!

You need knowledge and practice in the well being of children and the educational process which is not covered fully in health and social care!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm afraid this happens all the time, I myself was ill advised and took and completed a course which did not allow me to work with children unsupervised.

I had to re-train and get the early years childcare and education level 3 which then enabled me to work as a nursery nurse.

People are given conflicting advise and it can depend on your area. In Wales where I live we are inspected by the CSSIW who will pick out anyone without the correct qualification and ask them to re-train ( I am speaking from personal experience) or leave.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but don't give up if your meant to work with children you will.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Denise
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

you are given advice already here which is correct, but does not mean you cannot get a job in childcare as you will find it very easy to do the nvq3 in childcare as you work in a setting. Considering you have already completed training you will find the nvq3 easy to complete, so go for it

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I think you can because health and social care comes under childhood studies :) talk to your tutor though a they can give you the best advice and guidence.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.