can i become a nursery nurse with a BTEC level 3 in health and social care?

=]

x

hi, i'm doing my lvl 2 course today and yes you can. as you do work placements and study modules you would need to become one within the course

Source(s): my tutor

Hi

Ideally, a nursery nurse will have achieved a Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ, Certificate or Diploma in Early Years Care and Education, or Children's Care, Learning and Development awarded by CACHE, BTEC or City and Guilds.

As many of these courses are vocational/work-based, some employers might be prepared to offer you a positon on the provision that you are prepared to achieve one of these qualifications within a specified deadline.

I'd definitely be interested to hear how you get on with this.

Best of luck.

I'm sorry but no-it needs to be a childcare and education based qualification. I think you need level 2 to be assistant, level 3 to be nursery nurse and level 6 (degree) to be nursery teacher!

You need knowledge and practice in the well being of children and the educational process which is not covered fully in health and social care!

I'm afraid this happens all the time, I myself was ill advised and took and completed a course which did not allow me to work with children unsupervised.

I had to re-train and get the early years childcare and education level 3 which then enabled me to work as a nursery nurse.

People are given conflicting advise and it can depend on your area. In Wales where I live we are inspected by the CSSIW who will pick out anyone without the correct qualification and ask them to re-train ( I am speaking from personal experience) or leave.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but don't give up if your meant to work with children you will.

• Denise

you are given advice already here which is correct, but does not mean you cannot get a job in childcare as you will find it very easy to do the nvq3 in childcare as you work in a setting. Considering you have already completed training you will find the nvq3 easy to complete, so go for it

I think you can because health and social care comes under childhood studies :) talk to your tutor though a they can give you the best advice and guidence.