Need to interview someone of an older generation. Please help.?

Hello, I need someone of an older generation, preferably two generations older, to answer some questions. (I am 14.) It would be greatly appreciated if you could spare a few minutes of your time to help me. I desperately need to pass this course. Please state where you were born, your family background, a brief job description, and your age. If you are uncomfortable with telling me your age, please tell me your approximate age. Eg. 50’s, 60’s. People who are ages 40+, and had an education in Canada or the United States are most helpful, though not mandatory. Please elaborate and try and type as much information as you can. Thank you in advance.

Educational Background

Q: Did you have the opportunity to go to school/university? Did you ever study abroad?

Q: Do you think people are more likely to pursue post-secondary education today as compared to when you attended school? Why or why not?

Q: What was the ratio of male to female students? Were there reasons for this?

Q: What extra-curricular activities were offered in your school? What was your involvement?

Q: How did your social surroundings (friends, family, ect.) influence your educational choices? Where there specific pressures on you?

Employment History

Q: Did you work? In what field, where, for how long, and how old were you when you started?

Q: What kinds of jobs were available to you? Describe working hours, conditions, benefits, such as health plans.

Q: Did you change jobs/careers throughout your life? Describe and give details.

Q: What education and training were required for your career? How does this compare to today?

Volunteer History

Q: Have you volunteered? If yes, how long, did you enjoy it, and what did you learn? If no, why not? Do you have any regrets?

Q: Did many people volunteer? Was in mandatory? What was the attitude towards it? Has it changed?

Q: What do you think of the present requirement of 40 hours of volunteer service to graduate from high school? Why do you think the school board made it mandatory?

Q: What process did you have to go through to volunteer? Did you require a resume, application, or references?

Q: Do you think volunteering should be prohibited in some fields (eg, hospitals) why or why not?

Changes observed in society

Q: Have you observed changes in the relationship between wages and cost of living/goods and services? Explain.

Q: How has the participation of more women in the work force affected family life? Describe, outline advantages and disadvantages.

Q: Are the differences between how teenagers acted when you were growing up distinctly different from how they act now? Explain.

Q: How has technology affected life? How has it affected communication, shopping, and language?

Changes observed in occupations/jobs

Q: What changes have you observed in occupation and jobs? Are there any jobs that no longer exist in your field?

Q: By what age did you have to decide your career path? Was it popular for people to change their occupations/jobs? Describe changes in attitude toward career changes.

Q: Which jobs were most in demand at your time? Explain.

Q: Were women and men treated equally in the workforce? Were all races treated equally in the workforce? Compare factors such as salary, job expectations, type of work, ect.

Q: In what ways has technology changed the way people do business? What changes do you think might occur in the future?

Advice

What advice would you give me regarding Education?

What advice would you give me regarding Career?

What decisions did you make at my age to make you successful in your career?

What advice would you give society as a whole?

What advice would you give me in general?

Never study abroad but Dad was in military, Went to 13 elementary USa schools , 4 Junior Highs and 2 High schools. I had some college.

Yes, the job market gets worse every year and more employers require highrer education.

Q: What was the ratio of male to female students? Were there reasons for this? About the same

All the schhols I went to offered sports, science, speech home ec and many other activities. Mine was some sports and some home ec.

Q: How did your social surroundings (friends, family, ect.) influence your educational choices? Where there specific pressures on you? I was in more with the learning crowds. Pressure was to make good grades and get into a good school after high school.

Employment History

Q: Did you work? In what field, where, for how long, and how old were you when you started? I worked in a factory as quality control for about 18 years. Only because I wanted the time to be home with my children more. I was 19 when I started .After the company closed. I went into assisted living with mentally disabled adults. I was 48 (in betwwen jobs I stayed with my kids), i am 54 now and at home and disabled due to a family disk disease.

Back then we had a good work enviroment. We were "small town" We worked a 40 hour week but it was 10 hour days Mon-Thurs and we worked Fridays if they needed overtime. We liked that and voted on it as a company, We had decent life and medical they paid for and earned time off by how much time you put in. We had 401 K that they matched 6% and also a retirement plan. We were non union and got paid clse to what a union would've paid.

The asssited living was more flexible with the hours and also gave benefits for part time and full time

Q: Did you change jobs/careers throughout your life? Describe and give details. Yes, see above. I still made good money but it seemed more rewarding.

Q: What education and training were required for your career? How does this compare to today?The factory mainly taught you there and sometimes you would go for training at another plant. I went for 6 weeks once. I think now they expect you to have the training before you go in. he assisted living and still doesstill does the same.

Volunteer History

Q: Have you volunteered? If yes, how long, did you enjoy it, and what did you learn? If no, why not? Do you have any regrets? I volunteered with groups with the disabled for many years. i learned a lot about people with disabilities. I have a brother growing up that is considered mentally profound (age 48 now and mind of 2 to 5 year old) he is in a group home now. Only regret I have is having to quit because of my disability.

Q: Did many people volunteer? Was in mandatory? What was the attitude towards it? Has it changed? Yes. It was not mandatory. When I first started there wasnt a lot for the mental and physical handicapped. It has changed because people over the years have fought to keep the issue in the open and to "mainstream" these people.

Q: What do you think of the present requirement of 40 hours of volunteer service to graduate from high school? Why do you think the school board made it mandatory? i think it is a great idea. It helps a person get an idea how real life is lived and what needs there are in society,

Q: What process did you have to go through to volunteer? Did you require a resume, application, or references? No, it was a walk in and they just asked you some questions on where I thought I would be best at. I did need references to protect the people I worked with.

Q: Do you think volunteering should be prohibited in some fields (eg, hospitals) why or why not? Only if you have some type of crime that would hurt the people you are working with or an attitude problem "like I hate working with old people" or having a bad discrimenation issue.

Changes observed in society

Yes, LOL I think people blow their money more and don't save for emergencies. I also think that the economy has gotten worse since I was younger and also opportunities.

Q: How has the participation of more women in the work force affected family life? Describe, outline advantages and disadvantages. In my case, I wish I could've spent more time with my children. But in the same, it taught them to be more self efficient . They weren't too spoiled growing up and I felt it was good for them. I feel some parents work and ignore their