Why won't Oprah let Sarah Palin on her show?

FROM TMZ: Oprah has issued a statement to TMZ -- she won't put Sarah Palin on her show until after the election.

Here's the statement: "The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

For the record, Barack Obama has been on "Oprah" twice -- in January, 2005 and again in October, 2006 -- before he announced his run for Prez.

un quote:

Oprah is one of the people that is going to get hit heavy by all those taxes her boy Barry is going to impose on the "rich" when he gets elected. Oprah is clearly racist. The one politician she strongly supports just happens to be black? Please. You guys are just kidding yourselves.

Hillary had more power and experience than Obama. The only major difference on issues was that Hillary would have provided universal healthcare for everyone. I'm sure Oprah would have supported universal healthcare for everyone over just kids if she had not let race determine her vote. AND: if she didn't want her show to be about politics until the election was over-why did she have Obama on it? Not once, but twice. She's using the show selfishly (for her owns needs) 'cause she knows a lot of people watch it and if she can get people to vote for Obama (and not the McCain party by not having interviews) she thinks they can win. I can't wait until McCain wins-then I'll watch Oprah....just to see her whine. AND...so I can watch the Vice President getting interviewed on there for the 1st time. Few things have better exemplified the racism on Obama's side than the way Oprah has handled the election.

Her show is for women. All of its topics are about women. It is masses of women who have made her a billionare. Yet, when she had a chance to support a woman - Hillary Clinton - in a presidential election for the first time ever, she instead went for race. Now, she won't even let another woman on her show. Disgusting.

It shocked me too when I heard it last night. Let's be clear on this: How Obama's supporters act has no reflection on his ability and intentions as a president. I'll be the first to say that I feel many Obama supporters are displaying behaviors that make it easy for people to rally a charge of racism

That said, it's clear that Oprah knows her outright support for Obama will influence tens of thousands of votes in her direction among her viewers. Let's be honest here. Just by suggesting 100 Years of Solitude, Oprah probably did more for Gabriel Marquez Garcia's bibliography then even the author himself!

What puzzled me is why she would keep Palin from appearing on her show. I can totally see how Palin's values would be counter to Oprah's values. But If she's THAT confident that Palin would be a bad choice, it would be a disservice to her viewers not to at least examine why she's a bad choice....and let her viewers ne informed so they can decide.

I think Palin is a capable candidate and I think she'll probably do a good job in Washington. I don't agree with most of the things she stands for (creationism, antiabortion, etc), but I still listen to find out more about what she will or will not do.

I think the whole argument that Oprah is rich and successful and she can do whatever she pleases is wrong. Because it would then follow that people who are poor and unfortunate have no rights in our country.

"At the beginning of this presidential campaign, when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates," Winfrey said in a statement.

The TV host did leave the door open for a Palin appearance - but only after the Nov. 4 election. Winfrey added, "I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

This is interesting: Last year, Winfrey blocked an appearance by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, timed to a promotional tour of his best-selling autobiography.

and

A recent study by two economic professors at the University of Maryland found that Oprah's endorsement of Obama - with the help of her TV show and magazine - may have snagged some 1 million votes for him during the contentious Democratic primary race against Hillary Rodham Clinton.

I agree with you on one thing and one thing only, and not for the same reasons. Hillary Clinton would have made a much better President and a much stronger candidate. That having been said, Oprah isn't being inconsistent. She hasn't had Obama on since he declared and has kept her support for him outside of her venue. Of course she doesn't want Palin on her show. She's rabidly right wing extremist. Why should Oprah give that kind of extremist mouth a national showcase when she is against everything this woman stands for? Having her on after her and McCain lose is a great idea.

Your obsession with the racial aspect of all of this is disturbing to say the least. But then, it's your obsession and you have to live with it. It's okay that Oprah's black and supports a black man for President. I'm white and I support a black man for President. Is there some difference in our pigmentation that should cause one of us to reconsider? Why? Who would you like Oprah to support? Palin lol?

You just made your "argument" illogical, with your own words.

You say that Oprah will be (supposedly) "hit" with Obama's tax plan, next to the statement that Oprah supports Obama.

Why would anyone in their right mind support anyone who will (supposedly) make you pay higher taxes?

Oprah is not a government institution, nor is she a public utility. It's a private, commercial enterprise. She is under no obligation to interview Palin, period. GET OVER IT.

And, again from your own text, Obama was interviewed BEFORE he announced his candidacy.

Oprah has not interviewed any other person running ever since.

Maybe if Palin announced her candidacy as well 2 years ago.

That's right...she was handpicked just in the last 2 weeks.

And before that, no one in the mainland knew her.

McCain supporters can't blame the timing on Oprah. McCain and Palin decided on that.

NEXT!

Oprah has decided not to interview any of the candidates, because she doesn't what her show to become a political forum. She interviewed Obama before he accepted the Democratic nomination, as did other shows. Oprah is a billionaire. She didn't become that wealthy (and she is indeed wealthy) by following racist traditions. In fact, most of her guests are white. Wealth transcends racism and Oprah is not going to miss an opportunity to enhance her wealth, unless she has a good reason. With that in mind, racism is simply not a good enough reason for her not to interview Palin. Neither is sexism. Americans need to put aside such immature thinking.

"Oprah is clearly racist. The one politician she strongly supports just happens to be black? Please. You guys are just kidding yourselves. "

Have you forgotten that since the inception of our country we've only had white candidates to vote for, so ALL the white voters that voted white before... are they racist?

Am I racist against my own race b/c I voted non-black before? Was there ever any other choice? Oh and just b/c I'm a girl I should've voted for Hillary or for McCain just b/c he has Palin now?

Btw, is Sarah Palin knocking down the Oprah Show's doors to get on? Is Palin desperate to get on Oprah or something?

I didn't think so. So why DOES Oprah just HAVE TO let her on the show? STFU.

Your question (question?) is really more like a rant. Oprah is super rich, owns her show, has worked her way up and she can do whatever she well pleases! However, she probably realized that if she became too political she would alienate too many... so she backed off. That is my guess. I think she wanted Obama to pick Hillary.

If Oprah wasn't black and Obama wasn't black, would you have the same opinion? Who is the racist then?

• list

it is Oprah's tutor. she would be in a position to do what she needs and because she helps Obama, why could she supply the competition any loose press? i'm a Conservative and Oprah's decision did no longer incredibly worry me. i could be very disenchanted in Oprah provided that she stored Sarah Palin off the tutor AND supported the fairness Doctrine. otherwise, she has funds rolling out of her ears. she would be in a position to have the money for to lose some funds to theory. As she could say "You bypass female." you're able to rejoice with convictions and the braveness to bypass against the grain. Too undesirable her candidate would not have the comparable hutzpah.

Ophah Winfrey's "people" are far from stupid. They are well aware of her "power" over the mindless wing-nuts that watch her show. Having Mrs. Palin on the show would do wonders for her campaign once the audience was exposed to her brilliance and credibility. This is NOT what Oprah needs to happen to her boy B. Hussein Obaba.

This Fox talked so much about Sarah's not in Oprah Show.

Did you know that she was invited to appear in the Larry King Show?

The Republican admin. afraid she will be asked about many issues that they know she cannot answered. She is under training now.