Nixxon asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What is the Scariest movie ever?

Not Bloody like Freddy or Jason. Something for the mind!

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Stephen King's IT followed by Pet Semetary.

added: In regards to the thumbs down....you kids wouldn't know scary if you watched it...this stuff out there today is like watch Mr. Rogers. You want scary you have to watch some of the older classics that knew how to scare people.

Source(s): lover of movies
  • 1 decade ago

The Hills Have Eyes

The Exorcist 70's

The Day After Tomorrow

• 3 years ago

Wow i've got considered maximum of those and Insidious became definitely extraordinarily damn frightening. sounds such as you like some worldwide style: The Orphanage - haunting, frightening and a appealing tale from Guillermo del Toro the attention - the chinese language version! some terrifying scenes and an ending twist that competitors The 6th experience journey Horizon - sci-fi horror that scared anybody i understand A tale of two Sisters - visually astonishing Korean horror

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I thought that "The Exorcist" was rather scary because of the "real" feel the movie delivers. Unfortunately, I saw the movie when I was 11 and it scared me pretty bad. I just watched it again the other night and wasn't affected at all.

Another great scary movie is Poltergeist. Even when compared to current special effects, I still feel that Poltergeist was done incredibly well.

I don't find "monster" movies scary because they are unrealistic. The best scary movies are ones that are believable and keep you up all night wondering what's making those creaking noises...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sleep Away Camp part 1. The chick at the end reveals that she has a pecker. J/K on the scariest movie but the end through me for a loop! Dumbest movie ever...but the ending makes it well worth watching.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There were only a few movies to ever get to me. The very first time I saw The Ring, I was terrified to the core. Recently, The Strangers scared the crap out of me.

• 1 decade ago

Suspiria directed by Dario Argento

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Excsorsim of Emily Rose.

Creeeeeeepy, especially when she make weird a55 noises!

• 1 decade ago

I would say the scariest movie I ever saw is The Thing. But it's really gorey too.

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Mulholland Dr.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.