promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 decade ago

sherlock holmes tv series with girl as lead?

I'm looking for the name of the tv series, quite recent, of sherlock holmes, where the main character is a girl who is supposed to be the grand daughter of the famous detective, and she has the same sort of mysteries to solve. it was on bbc 2 a few years ago i think.

Update:

IT WAS A GODDAMN TV SERIES! NOT WHAT I THINK, OR A MISTAKE I MADE. IT TWAS CREATED BY TV EXECS!!! I WANT TO KNOW!!! JEEZ, IT'S LIKE TALKING TO MONKEYS

Update 2:

BTW, she is a schoolgirl, so around that sort of age- 16ish i think.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

"The Adventures of Shirley Holmes", a 1997-98 US/Canadian co-production, aired on the-then Fox Family Channel in America and YTV in Canada. It involved the high school-aged great-granddaughter of Sherlock Holmes, whose favorite sport was archery.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know that in one 1980's tv series starring Jeremy Brett as Holmes, Conan Doyle's real life granddaughter was intrumental in an episode - The Devil's Foot - inwhich he kicked the cocaine habit, this being more politically correct in view of a partly children's audience. I do not know of any series where any granddaughter did any detecting, though there was a film called Young Sherlock Holmes which depicted Holmes when he was a schoolboy. I googled your question. That's elementary.

P.S. There is no evidence that Holmes was 'gay', at least, not in the homosexual sense. He was a touch bohemian perhaps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sherlock Holmes couldn't have had a grand child as he didn't have children.

The show in question sounds like a children's TV show but I can't find any reference to it anywhere.

Source(s): Arthur C Doyle.
  • 4 years ago

Fave movies: How to lose a guy in 10 days The princess diaries The note book P.S I love you Marley and me Mean girls John tucker must die Up

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • wombat
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

maybe SHELOCK HOLMES

My My What a bad tempered little git

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not sure what that is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.