Spanish past/present tense question?

Hello, I am teaching myself the spanish language and how to say things in past/present tense always confuses me a little bit. Can someone explain to me the differences in how I would say simple statements in the past and present tense? For example, things like: How is your weekend going?/ How was your... show more Hello, I am teaching myself the spanish language and how to say things in past/present tense always confuses me a little bit. Can someone explain to me the differences in how I would say simple statements in the past and present tense? For example, things like:

How is your weekend going?/ How was your weekend?

How is the party going?/How was the party?

How did you like college?/How are you liking college?

etc.etc...
Thank you!
Update: That doesn't really help me. I just want to know how to say the same statement in the past/present. I know that "How is your weekend" would be: "Come es tu el fin de semana".. correct or not? Now how would I say "How was your weekend?" Come fue el fin de semana?