Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you think McCain's agenda would forgive Barack if the same thing happened to him?

Obama Tells Press to "Back Off" on Palin

By Shailagh Murray

MONROE, Mich. -- Sen. Barack Obama told reporters to "back off" Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and her family, following the GOP vice presidential candidate's disclosure that her unmarried 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.

"I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits," Obama declared after attending a Labor Day picnic here. "People's children are especially off limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories."

He continued, "You know, my mother had me when she was 18. How family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics. I hope that anybody who's supported me understands that's off limits."

The Democratic nominee grew heated when a reporter asked him about an unattributed quote from a John McCain aide that linked his campaign to Palin pregnancy rumors that have swirled on gossip and liberal blogs in recent days. The McCain campaign offered no evidence for the charge, and to the contrary, as the chatter percolated over the weekend, most Obama aides seemed reluctant to even acknowledge it, much less fan the flames. The Illinois senator has been on the receiving end of numerous baseless allegations and whisper campaigns, including that he is a Muslim and is hostile to Israel.

"I am offended by that statement," Obama shot back, in response to the McCain aide's charge. "There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us. I'm hope I'm as clear as I can be. In case I'm not, let me repeat: We don't go after people's families. We don't get them involved in politics. It's not appropriate and it's not relevant. Our people were not involved in any way in this and they will not be. If I ever thought that it was somebody in my campaign who's involved in something like that, they'd be fired."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09...

OF COURSE!

McCain and Palin GREAT Christians who FORGIVE AND love all sorts of OTHER people. THEY are the new HOLINESS that THIS country trueley DESERVES. Please, make SURE you VOTE for them

Boy did you jump on that. First, Bristol was the mother of Trig....and based on the mouthing off I see about that rumor on this site, NONE of you were very considerate or intelligent.

In answer to your question, yes I do. And if you don't, apparantly you don't know too much about John McCain, who has ALWAYS been considered a gentleman and very polite. I don't think I ever heard one attack from the Republicans about his family, mother giving birth to him at a very young age. (FYI - Yes, she was pregnant out of wedlock, too.) And in fact, I think McCain was even generous enough to take out a huge ad congratulating Nobama on his nomination.

At what point do you stop throwing out rumors, circulating ill-will, and just sticking to the FACTS??

Just curious.

No way. McCain would use it against Obama in a second. That's one of the things I despise about him and the entire Republican party. McCain says this is a private family matter, which I agree it is though if it had happened to Obama's family McCain would probably be creating a negative video response to it.

Well, I wonder if he will stick to that? Tammy Bruce used an IP tracker on some of those sites and low and behold the links went back to his own defend Obama's smear page... ummm

• bumber

it form of feels to me you have continuously walked a great line between darkness and gentle-weight, which isn't a foul element. dark and gentle-weight are, in spite of each and every thing, opposites and shop one yet another in suited stability, it rather is what the universe is, a stability. i would not be too petrified of your "devil" emotions, as he does, basically basically, characterize the darker side to existence. That section people that embraces selfish emotions, emotions of not turning the different cheek, emotions of vengeance and emotions for choose of cloth and worldly issues. in case you reside with compassion, love and a choose for gaining know-how of and coaching others, you are able to stay fairly nicely with the two components. you will choose issues, yet not injury others to get it. do not enable others to choose you, for decrease than you are able to choose you. you're making judgements, those judgements will lead you to different paths and roads, you will could desire to make greater selections, make blunders, learn alongside the way, and proceed moving. you will continuously have an interest in the dark as nicely using fact the gentle. settle for this in your self and make selections heavily. undergo in recommendations, that individual same stability that the universe could desire to have will continuously precise itself. As for faith, Wicca is a reasonably new faith (while in comparison with Paganism) and it form of feels most of the greater cutting-edge generational all of us is analyzing it and practising it. yet Wicca and a Witch at the instant are not interchangeable and that i think of many people get caught up in that. once I say i'm a witch, and that i do practice gray magick, i'm getting the full, Wiccas do no injury element and that i'm not a Wiccan. So, stumble on the occult and magick as you choose, see what works best for you, yet do not call it till you completely understand each and every thing approximately it. I choose you nicely.

First of all Obama's mother was not an unwed mother her husband left her . She was never pregnant out of wedlock. Get it Straight. And no McCains campaign would never be forgiving.

obama only said that because his mother was 17 and un wed.not out of the feelings for mrs palin

Dont believe his lies, that black man lies like a crazy and we all know he is a muslim. This Georgia Girl is McCain all the way. He is the man for me. People are crazy to believe they would let uncle ben in the WHITE house.

No,I don't.I applaud Obama for standing up to put these rumors to sleep.