Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Barack Obama is for protecting Net Neutrality. Is John McCain? I've seen no comments from him on the subject.?

If McCain even knows what the Internet is. And for those who do not know Network Neutrality is about protecting the high speed internet services like Comcast, AT&T, Sprint and others from putting a heavy tax on websites to use high speed access for users. These companies are threating to take away Net Neutrality and Republicans have been Mum on this. If Network Neutrality is gone new web sites and current ones may not exist.

According to comments from Telecommunication companies it looks like they will press to take over Net Neutrality in under 2 years.

Obama has come out and openly supported protecting the Internet.

Source: http://www.savetheinternet.com/

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

McCain has released a statement on this question:

"I'm not sure. I'll have my secretary get back to you about what this 'internet' thing is. "

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It is irrelevant what a President thinks about net neutrality. It is Congress that makes the laws, the President merely signs or veto's them. It is more important to put pressure on your representative in Congress.

Source(s): Constitution
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

except for the agencies searching to take income of larger expenses, who would not help inexpensive get admission to to the internet? That replaced into no longer in many circumstances a courageous stance on Obama's area. actually stupid children, of their lack of recognize-how, exertions less than the delusion that older human beings do not recognize what the internet is or a thanks to apply it, or what internet Neutrality is. per chance once you get your first authentic pastime you'll actually get to charm to close a number of those human beings. even if it amazes me the way you may insult older internet purchasers (like me). you want allies in case you want the most well known achievable message despatched. i trust the marketplace is gonna come to a decision this one. yet older human beings nevertheless vote in large NUMBERS, and to alienate them along with your ageist feedback is a dropping mind-set.

• 1 decade ago

This might not be as serious as the overall economy and healthcare, but it sure would suck. You won't see so many people having fun posting on forums like this if it's taken away.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes he does, remember he is on broad of the FCC and he is in bed with the Phone and cable companies.

• 1 decade ago

obama rocks, i sure hope he wins over mccain.. everyone who likes him should vote for him on this page (and get a free gift card!!).

• 1 decade ago

Peak Oil, now this?

(kaboom)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.