Why do you always see a pair of trainers slung over a telegraph pole wire? Does it actually mean something?

or just people being silly!

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It isn't people being silly..it is in fact chav morse code..a pair of Fila's over a telegraph wire = got some white lightening,party at mine,a pair of Lacoste over the wire means that I have got some really class Lambrusco rose and have been sick all over my parents carpet,a pair of Reeboks means I have dropped me mobi down the bog...please come and rescue it...you can see further explanations in my book.....The Title of which is,,,, "Chav's and the *normal* people...how we can all shop at Argos in unity"... catchy title huh??? Lol :-))

Source(s): Edit..unfortunately it is for the reasons of drug dealing..but everyone else had said that..cheer's Melia you make me laugh too hun xx
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I'd understand it to be a pair of runners/trainers slung over an electricity/telegraph wire. Sometimes an apple is just an apple. To me, anyway.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think it means that someones been beaten up and their shoes were nicked and threw over the phone wires, i used to see it a lot outside my school lol

• 1 decade ago

It means some low life is dealing drugs and needs a kicking from the vigilantes

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i used to see that being done by kids for a laugh the same with a bycycle tyre hooped over lamp posts.i must admit to trying the bycyle tyre trick i never managed it though.

i don't think it really means anything.

• 1 decade ago

I did see that once here and wondered and was told it was for a drugs code but surely then wouldn't they get raided if making so obvious?? Helens answer made me giggle :))

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

o they have a lot of them out here too in California. i think it means theres a gang or something. i know it has to do with gangsters

• 1 decade ago

I thought it was where a kid got beat up and the bullys nicked his shoes and throw them up there

• Pat
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

In the US it's a sign that drugs are sold there (like crack and so forth). Do you see that in Britain? Interesting if you do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah!.it means some poor kids running about in their bare feet

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.