Why do you always see a pair of trainers slung over a telegraph pole wire? Does it actually mean something?

or just people being silly!

Favorite Answer

It isn't people being silly..it is in fact chav morse code..a pair of Fila's over a telegraph wire = got some white lightening,party at mine,a pair of Lacoste over the wire means that I have got some really class Lambrusco rose and have been sick all over my parents carpet,a pair of Reeboks means I have dropped me mobi down the bog...please come and rescue it...you can see further explanations in my book.....The Title of which is,,,, "Chav's and the *normal* people...how we can all shop at Argos in unity"... catchy title huh??? Lol :-))

Source(s): Edit..unfortunately it is for the reasons of drug dealing..but everyone else had said that..cheer's Melia you make me laugh too hun xx
  • Erika

I'd understand it to be a pair of runners/trainers slung over an electricity/telegraph wire. Sometimes an apple is just an apple. To me, anyway.

I think it means that someones been beaten up and their shoes were nicked and threw over the phone wires, i used to see it a lot outside my school lol

It means some low life is dealing drugs and needs a kicking from the vigilantes

i used to see that being done by kids for a laugh the same with a bycycle tyre hooped over lamp posts.i must admit to trying the bycyle tyre trick i never managed it though.

i don't think it really means anything.

I did see that once here and wondered and was told it was for a drugs code but surely then wouldn't they get raided if making so obvious?? Helens answer made me giggle :))

o they have a lot of them out here too in California. i think it means theres a gang or something. i know it has to do with gangsters

I thought it was where a kid got beat up and the bullys nicked his shoes and throw them up there

• Pat

In the US it's a sign that drugs are sold there (like crack and so forth). Do you see that in Britain? Interesting if you do.

yeah!.it means some poor kids running about in their bare feet