How to hide Self Harm scars/Cuts?

I'm a guy and going out on thursday and i want to wear short sleeves as it will be hot in clubs and bars etc... I've got some cuts and scars on my forearms and want to hide them... is there anything i can use to make them less obvious, would make-up work? Thanks

• Sarah

Wear a wristband or two. Or wrap up one arm with an ace bandage and say you pulled a muscle in your arm or something. Have a big watch? wear it. Or bring a light jacket or sweatshirt and drape it over your worst arm..if you don't mind carrying it all night. Folded bandanna tied around one of your arms work too. Make up might work a little if the lighting isn't too bright where you're going. Most make up doesn't work well with scars unless it's caked on leaving it to look unnatural and obvious. But it might be worth a try. I've heard Dermablend works wonderful. It's light and covers well, except for raised scars and it doesn't come in very light shades. L'oreal true match mineral foundation is good too. To choose the right color pick one thats closest to your skin color or a little lighter. Sometimes if you spray a tiny bit of hair spray over the make up and then add powder to reduce shine it stays on longer. Fake tan (careful when choosing one so you wont turn orange or anything) can make them less noticable too. L'oreal brand is good for that. Be very careful if you have open cuts though. They can easily get infected with make up and stuff. But if you don't have open cuts and don't mind appearing dirty...you could use dirt in a non obvious way if you're desperate. If you do have open cuts but really need to cover them, use plenty of liquid or spray on band-aid (which can sting bad sometimes just so you know) before applying make up or anything and wash it all off as soon as you can. If all else fails, wear a light long sleeve shirt. If you're worried about sweating a lot, a product called Ceratin Dri can probably help. Its in a small bottle thats has a little roller and it goes on with your deoderant. And if you need something to stay in place (like a bandanna or wristband and are worried about it moving) simple double stick tape will be your hero. Make sure you have some excuses planned out ahead of time just in case someone notices or gets suspicious. And don't over accessorize your arms...it'll look tacky and weird if you do. good luck. =]

Source(s): I self harm too...sorry my answer is so long.
    • ?3 years agoReport

It is also important that people who self-harm are getting the help they need.

• parlee

Hiding Self Harm Scars

Depending on how large of an expanse the scars are, you could wear anything from a few bracelets, wrist warmers, or even a bandana cut into a square and folded the right way would look good, and cover. Makeup just won't work. It's much too obvious, and doesn't hide scars. (i know this from experience)

• Laurie

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avN2S

Unfortunately, the scars are always going to be there. They will fade but you'll always notice them, they will never be fully gone. You can make them fade quicker with Bio Oil or something similar and apparently foundation can work if you get the right colour. Wearing arm warmers, long sleeves, stockings, tights, jeans or long pants is the best way to go. Why are you hiding them anyway? Your scars show that you've fought a battle and you've won. You shouldn't have to be ashamed of them. However I do wish you luck with covering them and ignore the silly people who are just telling you that you shouldn't have done it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to hide Self Harm scars/Cuts?

Source(s): hide harm scars cuts: https://tinyurl.im/pB7Zr

I've known a lot of people to use Dermablend to cover up scars, and have heard good things about CoverBlend. Someone else once suggested "Camouflage" by Jane Iredale (it also covers tattoos). For long-term use, to help fade scars, Mederma is really good, expensive but worth it. You might be able to find it cheaper at a discount pharmacy store online even.

http://www.dermablend.com/

http://www.neostrata.com/store/coverblen...

http://www.mederma.com

Cream foundation and a loose powder .if you go for a colour slightly lighter then your face I find that it works best .bracelets work but they can get annoying even more so if you dont often wear jewelry on your wrist/arms .if you're going to a club I would try to stay away from anything bulky on your arms because it can become sweaty and start to itch at times. I dont know if you'd have it around or even want to go to the trouble of applying it but I have used a thin layer of liquid latex and a skin coloured loose powder (make sure to blend with surrounding skin) .liquid band aid (may sting on open wounds) and a little bit of baby powder to reduce shine.

Source(s): Just a swimmer who has found odd ways of hiding self harm ~sorry for the long reply and slight side stories .

Makeup

I used to put on a wrap bandage really tight then a tubular bandage on top so that if any nosy bugger asked, I could tell them I'd sprained my elbow/wrist whatev - that way it's totally concealed (if the bandage slips, there's another underneath) and you've no worries about the make-up melting off etc.

Hope you find a solution anyway that lets you go out feeling really confident! xx

Source(s): Personal Experience

I used to use a self tanner lotion by Jergens. I would also do other lotions or Lauer those lotions on top vitamin e oil, coconut and olive oil help fade them naturally too. My scars are faded now and j have recovered I hope you do too! ♡