Why Hate Homosexuals?

2-3 guys at work talk about how ignorant black people are. They talk about how people in Iraq(children & women) need to die. Today they were talking about how, "homosexuals destroy the world". They were talking about why homos are bad. What should be done? They consider themselves Christian - their hate for... show more 2-3 guys at work talk about how ignorant black people are. They talk about how people in Iraq(children & women) need to die. Today they were talking about how, "homosexuals destroy the world". They were talking about why homos are bad. What should be done? They consider themselves Christian - their hate for "homos" comes straight from the bible. They are cowards. I have seriously been thinking about breaking their noses. However, that will put me on 1 year probation with $800-1,500 in fines. Possibly it would make them think again. Other than crying to the boss who I bet hates "homos" too what can be done? People gave their lives to end slavery. People give their lives to fight racism. People lost their careers to end and fight sexism. What 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom has no impact on me, or these jacka55es. Isn't ending such obscene hate worth a little time in jail? I am older now and although not afraid of jail I have more to loose, I am 32. But, isn't this just a cowards excuse not to take action? The reason such hate exists is because no one demands change. They sit smugly amongst their peers with no homosexuals near by and spew their hate like children. Screw them. Without violence or running to the boss how can I demand change? I do not think I can. I guess the question needs to be is it worth $1,500 dollars of my own money to break one of their noses. If I break their noses would anyone want to split the court costs with me? I am not sure if it would fix them. However, I bet they would think about their words. I know it would cost them a few hundred dollars and lost time from work too - heh! Word would also spread about what happened possibly getting others to talk about it and demand action.
Update: Violence was necessary to end slavery. Prior to the war someone, a person acting on their own accord, had to murder someone to start the war. Violence does change and fix things. Most people are cowards. The government also uses violence(death row) to control people. If every time someone acted so ignorant they... show more Violence was necessary to end slavery. Prior to the war someone, a person acting on their own accord, had to murder someone to start the war. Violence does change and fix things. Most people are cowards. The government also uses violence(death row) to control people. If every time someone acted so ignorant they got hit in the head with a baseball bat such ignorance would surly go away. However, people as a whole are afraid to take action. I am not sure what to do.