help! dropped cell phone in water?

I'm with Cingular/At&t. I have a Razr V3R. Part of my phone got dropped in water. I took out the battery, SIM card and memory card and used canned air and a hair dryer to get the water out. But now I have no sound at all (but vibrate still works), sometimes when I unplug it from the charger it automatically goes from vibrate to loud, when i press the red button as a means of going back to my main screen it turns the phone off where before i had to hold down the button for a few seconds to turn it off. I don't have insurance on it and i can't get an upgrade till February. If they can't fix it can I get a replacement even if it means paying full price?

Okay, so here's the deal.

1) Keep your phone away from water!

2) When you get your phone wet, you have to let it air dry. This goes for any electronic, actually. Let it air dry naturally for at least 3 to 4 days.

3) You're in luck. AT&T will usually cover water damage. One of the few companies that does.

Hope this helps.

oops, if it was the toilet dont feel stupid that has happened to me. I dont thing there will be a way to save it unless either 1. its a Nokia and you take the gel-button-cover-pad off and see what wrong 2. take it to your wireless carrier store depending how lr phone you might be able to replace it. i think with verizon its 1 month. otherwize you have to have phone insurance. what i would do is call and get ACCIDENTAL insurance (theres also lost or stolen insurance and it is not good for this) accidental insurance may not be with your copany then your screwed. after you get it wait another day or so and call and say omg guess what happened to my phone i dropped it in water.. then they will replace it. :) btw accidental insurance is usually a buck or two more expensive then lost or stolen

Well i would call the place you got it to see if they well give you a replacement for free im with verizon and i break my phones all the time and i dont have insurance maybe they will help you but you can pay full price for a new one i hope i have helped

It may not have ALL the water out yet, it takes several days. It might be ok in a few days. You can try to turn it in and say "It just started acting wierd" , maybe they will replace it. If I were you, I would just upgrade to the iphone now. You don't have to wait for your upgrade date for iphones. And don't let the problems scare you away, they are far and few in between for the millions sold. Best thing is they stand behind them. Thier customer service has been nothing short of awesome for my family.

Yikes! Sounds like you're buying a new phone. I hear the new iphones are great.

For next time, insurance with at&t is like $5 a month with a $50 deductible they add to your bill. I've had to use it twice for similar situations.

I dropped my phone in water while I was washing dishes. we took it to the cell phone place, and they said if we had any old phone we could put the same service on it for free (but had to be a verizon phone). My husband's brother had an old phone, and gave it to us. I just had to transfer all the contacts, but it was free!!!!

my guess is that it's dead - sure you can pay for a new one

no sweat = they will love you!

I dropped mine on a plane - and someone was kind enough to help me pick it up - only they did not return it to me

so as soon as I cleared lost and found - my cell carrier had killed the phone - and they cannot refresh it

so sorry

all the best

you will have to buy a new phone at full price! Always get insurance!

well, most likely your phone is dead, although i once dropped my phone in a pool and the next day it was fine (but i had diffrent type of phone)