How to build muscle? ?

Just returned from holiday and have decided that I want to build a better body for next year. Currently I am around 6ft, and quite thin, this is how my whole family are tall and slim naturally. Anyway I want to build that 'beach body' look with a good chest, six pack, nice biceps, shoulders, and triceps, and... show more Just returned from holiday and have decided that I want to build a better body for next year.

Currently I am around 6ft, and quite thin, this is how my whole family are tall and slim naturally.

Anyway I want to build that 'beach body' look with a good chest, six pack, nice biceps, shoulders, and triceps, and good leg and back muscles, think thats all the main ones.

Just basically an all round nicely toned body that looks good.

Have got gym access and ideally would not want to go more than 3 times a week preferably 2, but 3 I could do. Also have free weights at home that I could use.

So what I want is a program really of how to do it, what I should do each day in the gym, how many reps and sets and how heavy it should be for me.

Thanks
13 answers