trust me this works
i put my mom on this diet. she was 190 in June and now August 162
from a size 18 to 14. we're going shopping for some size 10 outfits next month. by the end of September she'll be weighing about 150lbs.
before you put anything in your mouth drink 16oz of warm water with lemon or lime juice
1. 1/2 cups of pineapple or 1 grapefruit with oatmeal
2. home made parfait low fat or soy yogurt blueberries and some cereal. try fiberone honey clusters
3. homemade fruit salad
4. fruit smoothie in the banana, strawberry, papaya, any fruit you want
this help you with your fiber intake. fiber is crucial to losing weight
5. if you must have eggs- try egg whites a Scramble with a little olive oil, red and green bell peppers, maybe broccoli, onions, black pepper. Goes well with whole-wheat toast.
1. 1 cup of yogurt
2. mushrooms- love them low on calories high in fibber
3. baby carrots
4. peanut butter and celery or if that sounds gross- try peanut butter with whole wheat crackers
5. any whole-grain, high-fiber cereal with low fat milk
kashi, fiber one, honey bunches of oats with almonds, cheerios
1. Fish Fish Fish
tuna, talapia, grouper, salmon, whatever. just fish with anything in a sensible portion.
2. for every lunch that you don't have fish grab a shake you can buy one or make one at home yourself. not the McDonald shakes- drinking that would set you back a whole week.
big salads with lean meat light (preferably chicken) on the creamy dressings.
no eating after 6pm
if you must water is your best bet, but you may have
1 serving of fruits or vegetables
eat no more than 1500 calories, eat lots of veges and fruits
you dont think i was going to leave with out the exercise regimen.
WALK- start with 20 minutes 5 days a week and gradually increase 3-5 minutes a week
by walking 20mins you burn 120 calories
BICYCLE- stationary or actual bike- both work very well. i hope you have one. if not they are less than $100 at walmart. GET ONE. same instructions as walking
by bicycling 20mins you burn 170 calories
depending on the intensity you will burn more
Weights- although not necessary to lose weight it is beneficial. as you lose excessive amounts of weight you will notice loose skin. to keep tight you might want to invest in 5lbs dumbbells. you can walk with them and kill two birds with one stone.
to increase vegetable intake have vegetable with every meal
drink 8oz water 30 minutes before each meal and sip hot tea immediately after meals. especially heavy meals
3500 calories = 1pound
if you burn 500 calories per day that's 1 pound per week
if you cut 500 calories out of your diet that another pound
if you want that 700 calorie shake you have to be willing to work it off
1 hour of walking at 2mph burns 350 cal
1 hour of bicycling at 5-6 mph burns 500 cal
Bicycling 12-14 mph 1,129cal
so at 10mph is about 1000cal
my advice- skip the fatty treats and have some tasty fruits, a glass of red wine or even an ounce of dark chocolate.
if you follow this for 1 month i guarantee that you will shed at least 15 pounds