What happens if you get married without a marriage license.?

I would like to get married meaning I would like to have a wedding ceremony. However i dont want to use a marriage license. What happens if I go ahead and have a wedding ceremony without a marriage license. I dont care if it is recognized by the government or not and I dont care if it is invalid. What is to stop... show more I would like to get married meaning I would like to have a wedding ceremony. However i dont want to use a marriage license. What happens if I go ahead and have a wedding ceremony without a marriage license. I dont care if it is recognized by the government or not and I dont care if it is invalid. What is to stop somebody from having a wedding ceremony? Also If i do get married without a marriage license. What does the government do? Will the police barge into my wedding ceremony and arrest us? Is there a penalty for this or a fine you pay. I would like to know what happens. And Like I said I dont care if its invalid.