Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Am I being rude to ask my new girlfriend to get checked for std,s before we get intimate?

My new gf (who is 31) has had a fair few partners before she met me.

am I being rude to ask her to have a full STD screen before we get "intimate"

I would do the same.

I value my health an awful lot.

Absolutely not! Your a gem, most guys are too concerned with getting their leg over. Your not only being sensible, your being a gentlemen. Which is rare. Your taking a healthy and sensible interest in your health and hers, seeing as S.T.Ds are on the rise. Personally I'd be insulted if you didn't ask.

It may be seen as rude, but it's the smart and safe thing to do, especially if you two have a fair share of experience.

That's not rude at all I think all humans who are sexually active should come with papers :0) That's the smartest move you could ever make! Kudos to you smart one!

thats the best thing u can do for the both of u, remember what u dont know can kill you, so what if she does have it? she could be slowly dying. and what about urself? this is a great way for u to c if she's the right person for u to b with. if she cares about u, she'll do it no questions asked.

You should do it and she should not be offended. You also should probably talk about what you would do if she gets pregnet. It is always good to know where both of you stand on that issue before anything happens.

It is wise, if she says no then she is basically just trying to be with you for the cash, leave her before you get gold digged, if she says ok, then she is an honest person and perhaps the right one.

Nope! You go as well. That way everybody is in the clear. We hope!!

I think more people should get their prospective sexual partners to do this. Well done you!

You are being very smart! If she sees it as rude, explain to her why you feel this is important, but if she's smart, she won't think twice.

• Eric H

When you're ready to get intimate, suggest that you both get checked.

That way, you won't sound like you're accusing her of anything.

You're being wise.

I just assume that you're willing to do the same.

If she gets irate, then it may be time to find a g/f who doesn't have something to hide.